Need info for new board and bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info for new board and bindings

I am traditionally a skier. I have been dying to try wake boarding. My wife does it and we have a cheap board that she bought from eBay. I want to buy a board that I can use. I am 6’1”, 215lbs and have a size 15 shoe. That has always been my problem nobody I know has a board with binding that I can get my feet into, anyway and recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I think CWB makes a XXL boot that would fit your foot I, and with the hinge boot it would be alot easer to get your foot in..... As far as board size look in the 140 cm range....
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

140 cm at the least. I am thinking more like 142 cm + to be on the safe side.... I am on a 140 cm board right now and came down from 142 cm board. I weigh 197 lbs. The CWB Sol is a very nice beginner boat IMO.

Comment

look for CWB Torq Hinge Binding XXL sz 13-14 your foot will fit my friend has a size 15 and uses the Torq XXL binging......
        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

The torqs are really good. They fit a huge size range in the smaller sizes but they grip onto your heal and you are truely set up with a locked down heal while boarding. I prefer CWB Factions but they are an intermediate binding and I wouldn't just suggest them to everyone unless they have boarded for awhile.

Comment

I have a 14.5 and use the Krux XXL and they are a pain to get off. I share a board with a buddy that has XL Torq's and they are super easy to get on but my foot hangs off the end and goes to sleep quickly. I'll probably be buying the XXL Torq's for myself from: Boardersmall.com, they're the cheapest I've found.
            "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
            "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

My son is that size, and wakeboard shops rarely stock it.
              Most Towboat dealers, Tige, Malibu, Natique, have a pro shop,, and you can get them to order a set for you.
              Barts.com can be occasionally helpfull for some things too.
              They also sell "wakeskis" BTW.

Comment

Size 14~15 (depends on the shoe) and I am running the '07 CWB Faction XXL this year. Perfect fit for me! I am riding an '07 CWB Transcend 141 as well.

Comment

Guys who are out of the ordinary size (like us) are sometimes left to pay a little extra from the local boardshop because the hassle of returning something bought online might not be worth it. I think you need to be able to try out what you buy, before you drop the large amount of cash. If you are sure that they will work, go online and find the cheapest, but I personally would deal with someone who will work with you a lot easier if they don't work out for you.
                  Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Hyperlite Has the state line of bindings and the XL goes from a 10.5 to 15

I wear a 10.5/11 and the boot is massive of me
                    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                      I think you need to be able to try out what you buy, before you drop the large amount of cash. If you are sure that they will work, go online and find the cheapest, but I personally would deal with someone who will work with you a lot easier if they don't work out for you.
                      I have been through this struggle with my son, his foot size is 12.5 and we have struggled to find comfort and fit in bindings. Even though the size is XL or XXL they still seem to be smaller in fit. We have gone through 6 or 7 sets of bindings failing most of the time, (online or cataloge order). We are pro Liquid Force and thats what we always get. It seems that the biggest problem he has had is exiting the bindings, usually can get in easy and then has to fight to get out of them. I need to echo talltigeguy, test drive your bindings! Work with someone local who you can talk to face to face and present your concerns. Try them out in the water, put them on, ride and exit the bindings, make sure all needs are met. If your going to spend $250. and up on bindings, especially just getting started, make sure they are going to be boarder friendly. We have finally accomplished my son's needs by him using friends boards with different bindings of a smaller size than he needs. The L.F. Alphas are working good for him, easy in and easy out. The only problem is that in two months of riding they are beginning to fall apart. I am going back to the shop to today to see if they will exchange them.

Good luck!
                      I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Comment

I would check out the cwb factions in xxl, I would aslo recomend the new Ronex coven 143, the board breaks loose yet edges real hard.

if your not into Ronex then grab the 07 barley. both are great boards. If I were you I would stay with a 142 at the least.

Comment

There is no substitute for hinge boots from CWB. Get one of the hinge packages. Almost everyone I reide with has as they are the easiest things to get in and out of but also hold your foot better than any other boot.
                          Those guys hit a home run with those.

Comment

I agree... I've got the '06 Zeus bindings. Love 'em!
                            Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Working...
                            X