Setting up the board correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up the board correctly?

Ok so this may sound lame but how in the hell do you know when the bindings are setup correctly for the rider? The wife says the stance doesn't feel right where they are placed now. Is there a correct way or method to place them? How does everyone else do it? I can't ride so i have no clue.
    "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Shoulder width apart with a slight turn of the ankles outward.

However, there are others that might say otherwise. Here is a link for additional information regarding this.

http://waterskiworld.com/wakeboards/..._bindings.html

Comment

A little wider than shoulder with and open the front foot at 15-20 % and the back about 5% .....Every ones is different have her try out some different setups until she feels good... I ride all the way out with both open at 15-12%
      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

The easiest, most effective way(IMHO) is to stand on your board, sans bindings, with you feet shoulder width apart, jump straight up and where you land is where your bindings should be placed. This method seems to have worked for myself many of my friends.

Comment

Ditto on what Dan & Christy said. Who said it, Dan or Christy?

Comment

Right on man. As always it was me, Dan.

Comment

Thanks guys! I think i'll have her jump up and down on the board repeatedly just for giggles!
              "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

^^hahaha... After about the 5th jump who knows where she will land.
                For Those About To Ride We Solute You

Comment

Dan looks like you beat me to it. good advice! that is exactly what we do and it works pretty darn well!
                  If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Originally posted by Dan and Christy View Post
                    The easiest, most effective way(IMHO) is to stand on your board, sans bindings, with you feet shoulder width apart, jump straight up and where you land is where your bindings should be placed. This method seems to have worked for myself many of my friends.
                    You so missed the opportunity to throw in "while wearing a funny hat" to this.

"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

I was always told to duck 'em out
                      The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post

...and here I had visions of those women jumping up and down on the trampoline on The Man Show
                        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post

Like this...sorry about going

well there to big, so I'll link you to them, its my friend jimmy the jammer

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
                          The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

WHY?????
                            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

That guy is doing an Ollie backside 180! Very nice without losing the hat.

I think it makes sense that both feet should be ducked out the same so that the board is the same goofy or regular. There is a huge limit to your progress if you do not learn to ride switch.
                              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Working...
                              X