Need help picking a new wakeboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help picking a new wakeboard

Hey guys, another newbie here. I currently have a fairly cheap board but am starting to think it is holding me back in my abilities. I have been using it for about 3 seasons now and would like to step up my game a little. I am 175 lbs and about 5'11". Any suggestions on sizing and good boards would be appreciated. By the way I have a 20i switch, don't know if that would make a difference...

For board size I'd suggest around a 139-142. A price range would be nice to know too haha.
    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

A price range would be nice to know too haha.

I dunno probably no more than 300-400.

Comment

A good Hyperlite, Liquid Force, or CWB falls into your price range then.

Are you looking for more pop off the wake or a faster board?

Comment

More pop and stability. If you can have both. The board I have right now only has one fin on each end and is pretty smooth as far as shape. I am wondering how much difference there will be in the newer boards that have runners down the sides and or more fins.

Comment

You must ride before you buy, that is a must. I would suggest like a
            Hyperlite Imperial

Hyperlite Murray

Hyperlite Premier

Liquid Force Shane

Liquid Force Watson

Liquid Force Substance

Liquid Force Team

These Should give you an Idea of what you looking at, sorry I don't know a whole lot about CWB's, Gators or Ronix's Wake World would be a good place to check out when looking for a board because the have reviews and listings. But I strogly suggest demoing each board and find one that you are comfordable on. I my self like a 2003 Hyperlite Parks 138...that is if you want to look for a good used one. The LF team is also a nice board from what I hear, tho I've only ridden one, once and that was a 2006 team 139.

Comment

Where can you get a demo board from? What is usually required? I would like to take a couple out at a time.

Comment

By the way awesome post with all the links, thanks.

Comment

What do you mean: What is usually required?

I meant like if you have any tigé, Mastercraft, Moomba/Supra dealers around that host "On Water Demos" where they bring out some of the new boards and boats and skis and things like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Armstrong6 View Post
                    By the way awesome post with all the links, thanks.
                    No problem I like compliments

Comment

Heres Wake World Classifieds: Here

Comment

Most board shops will have a demo program. You can demo a board for a set price a day or weekend depending upon your shop. If you are cool with the guys they will just let you take any board. Most shops are between $15-$25 to demo a board for a few days. They put a Credit Card on file if you take off with the board. Every penny spent in demo's will work towards credit on any board you buy in that shop.
                        Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                        Winston Churchill

Comment

Try this for more board info.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/CTGY/...ards_wakeboard

Select the maker and it will have a roll over with the type of hold and type of pop each board has.

From the sound of your board you are riding now you have a loose board with the single fin in the middle. Very often a continuous rocker will give you a more consitent pop or a suttle 3 stage. Stay away from any abrupt 3 stage ( trust me they are like riding a bucking bronco) The Murray sounds like a board that would be very good for you. Or even the LF team or CWB Absolute.
                          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

Coach- thanks for posting that website! that is really cool how you can pick the manufacturer and then "roll over" each board to see the pop, etc to see how they differ! Awesome tool when looking for a new board!
                            If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Someone on WW turned it on to me. I am looking for a new board as well. I have narrowed it down to:

Hyperlite ERA
                              Hyperlite Drive (need more info)
                              CWB Faction
                              LF Trip
                              LF Team
                              Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X