Wakeboarding speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeboarding speed

Most of the wakeboarders on my boat are between 65 and 120 lbs and 4' 6" to 5'9" tall. How do you determine what's the best speed for kids of this size.
    Thanks
    Donny

I would say 21 to 22 thats what i rode when i was younger, i am not going that much faster but now i am at 23 to 24
    I would say i uped the speed from that 2 years ago and i am 21 now
    But, i also grew up on the water
    its going to depend on the ability of the rider the better the faster, until they find a speed they really love.
    For me it has always been how the water feels under me is how i pick my speed.

http://www.hometown.aol.com/bankshf

Comment

Banks
      Nice web page.
      Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on rope length, boards, helments ect..

Comment

ropes the slower the shorter. probably 60
        boards vary to size of rider. i ride 142 and i am 5'9, i sold the parks didn't like it, i am switching to a 135 soon though
        my girlfriend is about 5'4 and she rides a 130 its perfect size for her height
        helmet the shapiro is a great one, any helmet with ear flaps, keep you from blowing an ear drum
        i got a shapiro after i blew out around 25% of my ear drum cutting a back roll off the dubble up. not to mention i was wearing a helmet, but it didn't have the ear flaps.

Comment

Working...
        X