Thoughts on Rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Rockers

Right now I have a 2003 Parks with a 3 stage rocker. From some things I read on WW they say it is a hard board to get consistant POP with, and I tend to agree. I am thinking of going to a continous rocker. I am just looking for some insight about different rockers. I am looking at picking up a CWB Faction. It has the fin configuration I like and is a continuous rocker of 3.3". I have also been on a Hyperlight ERA that is a 3 stage rocker and to me I was getting more consitent pop off of the wake. Any thoughts or advice would be great.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

When I was in the market for a new board I almost got the 2005 Parks and when I talked to some of the guys in the shop they told me the same thing. It is a hard board to ride because is what the biggest 3-stage rocker on the market. They Said that most of the time they were thrown off balance over their front foot on that board witch to me = faceplants. With that said because of our size we need all the pop we can get so I would go with a board with a 3-stage rocker but not the parks. I'm looking at getting one of the new Ronix boards.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

there are alot of different types of both rockers now. for instance cwb marius, liquid force fish, or ronix covin w/ a continuous hybrid. they'll boot you like a 3 stage without the abrupt sketchy pop. then there are a bunch of 3 stage boards that have a really managable pop. go to wakeside.com click a brand and scroll through their little charts they are nice. wakeworld.com is really good too i think you said you've been on there already. if you have some boards in mind i've ridden just about everything and can tell you a little about most of them.

Comment

I have a three stage rocker and cant stand it. so now I have a continuous rocker LF team and love it. Its real consistant, rides excelent in chop and has smooooth landings

Comment

I'm kind of a bigger guy and am riding a 142 HL Murray and love it. I rode an ERA before the Murray but liked the Murray more. It is a good big board and I was told it rides like a combo of the two rockers before I rode it and so far I tend to agree. See if you can demo one.

Comment

Good to get some input. I am a bigger guy (6-1 220lbs) and need at least a 142 to feel comfortable on the board. I will check out the Murray. I really like the ride of the Era that I tried last year and want to check out the Faction by CWB.
            Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

I'm 6'2" and 220. I just thought of another brand, my friend has a J-Star, formerly Jobe, that I like, am not sure on the model though. Might be worth a look though.

Comment

i'm not sure jstar is still around. but you can for sure find some of their '06 stuff its pretty nice.

if you like hyperlite then look at the 3DS, DRIVE, and ERA. they are really nice here's the low down. the 3DS is a late continuous rocker and has good solid pop that will easily get you into the flats. it is capable of getting you good and high as well. it is chad sharpe's pro model before signing with ronix now he rides the covin. the DRIVE has a subtle 3stage rocker which is like an ERA rusty malanowski rides it now. it is extremely easy to manage but will take alot more speed to get solid pop. the ERA erik ruck's pro model also has the subtle 3stage rocker but it takes alot less effort to boot you up when compared to the DRIVE. those 3 are all very smooth easy rides you might like them. 3DS and DRIVE come in 143's. and ERA comes in 142 and 147 this year.

Comment

Good Rocker

Better Rocker

I'm partial to Continuous Rocker too

http://www.wakeboarder.com/products/...oduct/38/cat/3
                  "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

I have a fish and freaking love it!!!

Tequilla,

BEST ROCKER!!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Domsz06; 04-17-2007, 05:58 PM. Reason: needed new pic!!
                    Originally posted by G-MONEY
                    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

ROCKERS!
                      Attached Files
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I like continuous rockers, although I've yet ride a hybrid. Every board I've ever bought has been a Redmond shape (LF).

Comment

yeah my favorite boards have always been by liquid force too. i rode an '03 subjekt for years but it finally snapped. i'm looking at the new watson right now hopefully will be on that soon. those orange andonized roller rockers above look pretty sick i'd take a set of those too.

Comment

yeah, they look great, I'd take a set!!
                            Originally posted by G-MONEY
                            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by typerider View Post
                              yeah my favorite boards have always been by liquid force too. i rode an '03 subjekt for years but it finally snapped. i'm looking at the new watson right now hopefully will be on that soon.
                              My first LF was the Superfly 44. I've ridden the Subjekt and the Team. Loved 'em. What I want though is one of the new Trip's. That's what I used to ride. I kept snapping fins off of it though and so I bought the very first Helix and still use it. Shut up. I've since bought 5 surfboards and a new slalom ski and a HL Premier for the wife.
                              Last edited by NICKYPOO; 04-17-2007, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X