askin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

askin

I have a byerly 142 2007 edition, it rides nice and its easy to cut back, any tips on how to cute back hard with out losing my momentum? because every time i try i get slack on the rope.
    Live life to the max and beyond cause you never know when your times to come, Robby

Originally posted by whitrob View Post
    I have a byerly 142 2007 edition, it rides nice and its easy to cut back, any tips on how to cute back hard with out losing my momentum? because every time i try i get slack on the rope.
    Have you had this problem with another board, or just this one?

I find that if I don't look across the wake, that my cuts end up shallow, with some slack in the rope. It's just a mental reminder for me to hold my edge through the wake.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
      Have you had this problem with another board, or just this one?

I find that if I don't look across the wake, that my cuts end up shallow, with some slack in the rope. It's just a mental reminder for me to hold my edge through the wake.
      well this would be my actually first board, but ive done it on my fathers board to, so yeah i think thats good thanks man.
      Live life to the max and beyond cause you never know when your times to come, Robby

Comment

when you cut back make sure you look, as well as lean hard back, this helps take slack out of the rope too. Are you transitioning well? By that I mean you lean out, and go as far as you want, then come up into the neutral position to slow the board down just a bit, and then lean back and hard progressive edge looking across the wake all the way up and over. I do that and have no problem with slack.

Not sure you understand all of that, but ask if you dont.
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

In my riding, if I dont cut hard enough I end up getting slack in the rope but if I cut back really hard and trust it there is no slack in the rope. for me its all about trusting myself
          Everything happens for a reason
          I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

After you cut out pause and flatten out your board just for a sec. before you start your cut back in to the wake this lets the boat catch up to you and once it does you will feel the boat start pulling you again you can cut back in to the wake as hard and fast as you want and you wont get any slack.
            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

yeah, that's what I was trying to say.
              Originally posted by G-MONEY
              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I believe that board is designed for short turn ins and a progressive cut. Shorten up your approach and ride the edge all the way up the face of the wake. You don't need to start from as far out as you can go.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

g money said it good. go out as far as you want and wait for the boat to naturally start to pull you back in and then continue to lean harder as you come into the wake

Comment

past byerly's had a wicked abrupt 3-stage and rode deep in the water which = slower but i think the newer one's thats fixed. anyway same info as above just cut out to desired location hold for a moment until you have tension then cut back in as fast as you want.

Comment

Working...
                    X