What to do About Tight Bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do About Tight Bindings

My wifes new bindings are a bit snug around the ankles. Any suggestions?

What bindings does she have? Many bindings have the ablity to adjust the tightness by unscrewing a few bolts and re-aligning the rubber overlay.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

You can adjust them, or what I do is shove a bottle of wine in each one and leave it in there for a week or so, stretches them out a little but does not hurt them at all.

Comment

If they are lace-up bindings then you could redo the lacing system so there are top and bottom laces to allow a little more adjustability. That way you could make the top laces a little looser and still have the foot laces tight to keep you planted. Other than that, stretching them a little at a time is the best method to atdjust them if you cannot loosen the boot from the base plate.

Comment

I put soda cans in mine to help arch the toe out a bit. Helps if you soak them in warm water first, apply can to problem area, then let sit. You might have to do it once or twice a season or so.
          "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

I had bindings that were tight across top of the foot and had decent luck with stuffing baseballs in them for a while.

Comment

if they are brand new it will take a few rides to get them broke in, but anything you can put in them for a few days to stretch them out will be good.

Comment

Working...
              X