need help on size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on size

Hello, I have yet to wakeboard and can't wait, however I don't know where to start with the board. I'm 6'0" and about 180lbs, very athletic. what size board sould I be looking for? thanks

I would look for a 139, 140 or 141.

Comment

Demo, demo, demo. A lot of shops will run a demo program that will enable you to try several different boards before you buy one, with the cost of the program going toward the purchase of a new board. There are huge differences from one board to the next so demo, demo, demo. When you find one you like, you will know it. The planets will align, world peace will reign and all will be right with the world.

Matt is dead on with the size.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
        Demo, demo, demo. A lot of shops will run a demo program that will enable you to try several different boards before you buy one, with the cost of the program going toward the purchase of a new board. There are huge differences from one board to the next so demo, demo, demo. When you find one you like, you will know it. The planets will align, world peace will reign and all will be right with the world.

Matt is dead on with the size.

DEMO!!!! it's the best thing.... you can listen to all of our opinions but you never know until you try something for your self....

I have the HL State 145 and love it...But I'm 6'-8" .....So try the 140
        Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
          DEMO!!!! it's the best thing.... you can listen to all of our opinions but you never know until you try something for your self....

I have the HL State 145 and love it...But I'm 6'-8" .....So try the 140
          Hey I'm only 5'9" at 151lbs and ride a Hyperlite Drive 139, which is rated for riders 155lbs and up, I guess I'll have time to grow into it.

Climbfast,
          Where are you located? My shop has an On Water Demo beggining of april(weater permitting). But about the board would also reccomend those sizes and I would definantly demo your board before you buy.
          The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Thanks guys for the input ! And wannabewakeboarder I'm located in norcal, live on a lake about a hour south of sac. Just came home with a new 22ve.

Comment

Originally posted by Climbfast View Post
              Thanks guys for the input ! And wannabewakeboarder I'm located in norcal, live on a lake about a hour south of sac. Just came home with a new 22ve.
              Post some pictures!

Comment

Boarders Paradise has a pretty good demo program. They are usually in with a Cope & McPheters dealership. I'm guessing you know where rocklin is then. Here's a map just in case. Don't forget to get yourself a wakesurf board.

http://www.copeandmcphetres.com/locations.asp

http://www.copeandmcphetres.com/cgi-...did=&lat=&lng=

Comment

Oh ya, let's see some pics of the new ride as well.

Comment

make sure you demo some different bindings as well.
                    I have the l/f alpha's, but hear great things about the newer cwb hinged boots.

Comment

You on Camanche? Or New Hogan?

Mike
                      Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

I'm on New Hogan. Live only min. from the ramp! I'm still looking but have found a couple of boards I like, a gator 139 and a hyperlite 141 as for bindings I'm still looking and trying to find that right fit. The cwb deuce seems to be a good fit but in the show room is on thing I'm waiting to try them in the water! oh and pics on the way!
                        Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X