Need a board for my 3 year old.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a board for my 3 year old.....

Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!! I am looking for a board for my 3 year old son who is VERY excited about wakeboarding this coming year! He got up with me once last year and rode between my legs and he liked it....... Well just to give a little history on this topic....my son LOVES monster trucks.... so he saw me looking online @ boards and he saw the LF Nemesis board that has monster trucks on it! I know for '07 they brought out a 111 but last years 118 is the one with the monster trucks on it. So basically what I am saying is..........if any of you come across an '06 118 LF Nemesis for a good price PLEASE let me know!!! I already have LF Micro bindings for him........so bindings are not needed....... THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

$200

http://www.watersportideas.com/20lifose143w.html
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by lba_dillon View Post
      Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!! I am looking for a board for my 3 year old son who is VERY excited about wakeboarding this coming year! He got up with me once last year and rode between my legs and he liked it....... Well just to give a little history on this topic....my son LOVES monster trucks.... so he saw me looking online @ boards and he saw the LF Nemesis board that has monster trucks on it! I know for '07 they brought out a 111 but last years 118 is the one with the monster trucks on it. So basically what I am saying is..........if any of you come across an '06 118 LF Nemesis for a good price PLEASE let me know!!! I already have LF Micro bindings for him........so bindings are not needed....... THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
      I need to get my son a set up like that, he's going to be 3 in march, and has ridden on the wakesurfer with me, and tubes by himself.
      "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
        Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
        I need to get my son a set up like that, he's going to be 3 in march, and has ridden on the wakesurfer with me, and tubes by himself.

TeamAllen,

Thanks for the website I will definitely look into that!!!! Like I said previous it would probably be better to get him the 111......but if he wants monster trucks then I will buy him whatever gets him on the water!!!!

Tequilasun,

Yeah, Ayden has ridden in the tube but only with my wife or cousin back there with him..... I definitely want to get him on the surfer with me..... I think he would like that..........I know Hyperlite makes a 109 but I don't want to pay close to 300 for a board that 3 year old is using! ;-) April can't get here soon enough!

Comment

teamallen,

I checked that webpage and it says 2007 models available only! So the '06's must be sold out! DARN! I'll keep searching!

Comment

Honestly I think the best thing for a 3 year old is a horseshoe ski. The problem the young kids have is holding the rope while trying to get up. They don't have enought strength to hold on with the boat pulling them. The horseshoe ski is connected at the board so the child doesn't have to rely on holding on. Plus once they get back there by themselves on a ski it is very different vs being with you or on a tube. The earliest of any of the kids that go out with us (which is about 25 under 10) that got up on a wakeboard was 5 1/2 years old. The youngest on the horseshoe ski is 2 years 4 months. Most learn the balance and what it like to fall on the horseshoe (the fall can be the worst part for them) and then progress to the skies with the ropes on the front and back (trainers) and then to a wakeboard. This is just my experience I know many others might be different.
            Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
              Honestly This is just my experience I know many others might be different.
              I think you are dead on. Trainer skis or the Horseshoe ski is the way we are going to get our son started, then move him to a wakeboard.

Comment

iba_dillon

$199

http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Liquid...nG0XfZjZIjFDhb
                Let it be!!!

Comment

I think you are dead on. Trainer skis or the Horseshoe ski is the way we are going to get our son started, then move him to a wakeboard.

Tequilasun/Coach,

I understand that ALOT of kids have learned via the horseshoe ski and that may be a route we try.......But "if" we do that I do not think we would put him on the trainer skis b/c I would much rather move him to a wakeboard from that point. I know that only time will tell and it will be up to what he wants to do.....But he gets so excited watching all of us ride....he has pretty much the whole crew we ride with memorized and he'll tell them what moves he wants to see them do! GOOD STUFF

xpjim,

Thanks!!! I just forwarded that to my wife! I need her blessing! Thanks!

Comment

Tequilasun/Coach,

I understand that ALOT of kids have learned via the horseshoe ski and that may be a route we try.......But "if" we do that I do not think we would put him on the trainer skis b/c I would much rather move him to a wakeboard from that point. I know that only time will tell and it will be up to what he wants to do.....But he gets so excited watching all of us ride....he has pretty much the whole crew we ride with memorized and he'll tell them what moves he wants to see them do! GOOD STUFF
                    I understand totally. We were thinking Horshoething, or Trainer skis first, because they both allow him to hold on to a rope that is attached to the board/skis rather than the pull rope, which I agree with coach may be too much at this point. My son may not allow us to put him on skis though, he has been on the wakesurfer, our Vew Doo board (similar to a indo board) and a skateboard, and may not like the two planker wanker aspect. We plan on having multiple options for him.

I'm a proud dad
                    Attached Files

Comment

I understand totally. We were thinking Horshoething, or Trainer skis first, because they both allow him to hold on to a rope that is attached to the board/skis rather than the pull rope, which I agree with coach may be too much at this point. My son may not allow us to put him on skis though, he has been on the wakesurfer, our Vew Doo board (similar to a indo board) and a skateboard, and may not like the two planker wanker aspect. We plan on having multiple options for him.

I'm a proud dad

I never even thought about doing the horseshoe or trainer skis until now...........the horseshoe could be a maybe but I will do my best @ "coercing" him away from the skis! He likes when we wakesurf as well b/c he can sit right back there and talk with us!!!! Those pics are awesome!!! I need to find some of my son on the trampoline! I have a rope and handle tied up to the netting and he jumps and does spins and flips with it! We have had him on the trampoline since he was about 20 months! He is pretty good on it! Enrolling him into gymnastics in a few months! He's all excited!!!!!!!

Once again nice pics! I love seeing the little guys getting into this GREAT sport early!!!! That is something I wish my parents would have done!

Comment

iba_dillon

$179 and free shipping

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=539

Best I could find
                        Let it be!!!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-HYPERLITE-1...QQcmdZViewItem

try this it's 109, and Shaun Murray's old shape

OOPs I didn't realize you were looking for a specific model

Comment

www.watersportswest.com is a place here in Largo, FL that will match any price on-line and he does have the board. Phone 888-401-5080-Ask for John, he said they do have one. They are great people to deal with. I have bought everything I own for wakeboarding, except the boat, from them.

Comment

Also take a look at the O'Brien Myth...both my kids learned to ride at a very young age.
                              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                              X