Is is just me or.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is is just me or.......

Sliders on the lake intensely ridiculous? I have been watching some slider videos that a buddy sent me, and I just don't get the point. I'm all for it in Skateboarding, heck even wakeskating, but something with them in Wakeboarding comps makes me bored.

I have never "hit" a slider on a wakeboard, and honestly there is no appeal for me to do so. I don't mean this to include jump boxes or ramps. Just sliders.

Discuss...
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

I personally I think they are a great addition to the evolvement of wakeboarding. While I don't necessarily care too much to watch riders slide them I do think they add another fun challenge to wakeboarding. However I dont really care for the sliders that are connected to an apartment, to a bus, then to a gap pool and then so on and so forth...you get the picture.

A few weeks ago I rode the new slider at Texas Ski Ranch, while it was definitely intimidating it was really fun. I was a little apprehensive at first but after hitting it a few times they really add something to just riding behind a boat. Don't get me wrong I love wakeboarding but the occasional slider or kicker is a lot of fun as well.

Comment

Not to sound stupid........but what are sliders???

Comment

I think it would be fun to hit one...sometime
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bfrank View Post
          Not to sound stupid........but what are sliders???
          They are rails, boxes, that type of thing that are put in the lake or close to shore so you can slide on them. Kind of like hitting a stair handrail on a skateboard.

Matt, I actually think the sliders they set up with pool gaps etc are kind of neat, but they aren't really wakeboarding. I guess I have a narrow view of what wakeboarding is. As I watch the videos all I can think of is yawn, though. I guess the subtle nuances of a 50-50 or a tail slide are lost on me.

Comment

I am with you Tequilasun. I don't get it. It's not like there are naturally occurring stair rails in the middle of the lake. However, I guess it could be useful if you jump the wake and happen to land on top of a houseboat.

Comment

The same thing could be said about snowboarding...except there are fallen trees that you could ride I guess, and the half pipe, all that stuff, I think it's a balance/dexterity/skill thing that makes the rails interesting, I mean how many jumps can you create untill you need to spice things up a little. Imo there is only so much you can do with competitive wakeboarding and anything you can throw in to make it interesting to fans and bring in new fans works for me.

Comment

Think about how motocross and BMX racing have evolved in to the airial-acrobatics that we see on shows like the Gravity Games.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I like sliders. I think it's a great addition to wakeboarding. The sheer complexity of design of some of these new ones (TSR ) is awesome. They bring a whole new technical element to riding. There's only so much you can do off the wakes. Variety is the spice of life buddy.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                    I like sliders. I think it's a great addition to wakeboarding. The sheer complexity of design of some of these new ones (TSR ) is awesome. They bring a whole new technical element to riding. There's only so much you can do off the wakes. Variety is the spice of life buddy.
                    Exactly what I was trying to convey.

Comment

Why don't they combine rifle shooting with wakeboarding like they do in the Winter Olympics Biathalon rifle shooting and cross country skiing? As they are riding across the rail, they could have targets on a floating barge. That would combine balance, dexterity, heart rate control and aiming all in the same sport!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
                        Why don't they combine rifle shooting with wakeboarding like they do in the Winter Olympics Biathalon rifle shooting and cross country skiing? As they are riding across the rail, they could have targets on a floating barge. That would combine balance, dexterity, heart rate control and aiming all in the same sport!
                        Now that would be cool....or archery for the really advanced

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about! I guess the point I was trying to get to is that it is unbeliveably boring to watch. I'd rather watch a free ride video than one that is mostly full of sliding.

Comment

you guys are killing me. Nice topic though. Sliders seem fun, but never hit one yet.
                            Originally posted by G-MONEY
                            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I guess i'm just old as i don't see the point at all Actually seems kinda dumbass to me but to each thier own i guess.
                              "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Working...
                              X