Correct Wake boarding Set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Wake boarding Set up?

I recently purchased a 2017 RZX 3 and I can't quite figure out the best wake boarding set up. It seams that if I fill all the ballast 100% I can't even get the boat to plane out and get to cruising speed (20-22mph) I have the big 575 super charged raptor engine in the boat so I figured if anything could do it it would be that engine but no luck. Any set up advice and tips would be appreciated.

Even with the 575, you will need to drain some off the rear bags. I'm assuming you have PnP bags, I would drain until those are about 1/4-1/2 full. 22.5MPH, auto taps at 3-4. If you have more than 8 people in the boat, you will probably need to drain a little bit more of the rear bags.

Comment

Awesome, great advice I'm heading out tonight so we will give it a try, Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by matt350 View Post
        Awesome, great advice I'm heading out tonight so we will give it a try, Thank you!
        Does Taps3 have a launch mode?

Playing with my new GSA style tabs I found that with full ballast if I extend both the L and R tab down and punch it I can get up on plane fairly easily.
        I know aftermarket GSA has that option, but what about factory taps3?

Comment

We have a 2017 RZX2 we have finally dialed in our wake. We put 100% in the back but only 40% in the bow. Any more in the bow washes it out pretty quickly. We also have 400lbs of lead. Most on the port side. 100lbs we leave out to move around for some minor adjustments at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What prop do you have? I would think that 575 would push anything. I have a ‘14 RZR with the 350hp, and when I board, I fill th e factory set up 100%, I believe 1,600 lbs as well as a custom 1,000 bow bag. I have no problem planing. That much bow weight allows me to run taps 2 at 8 with no porpoising, but I have to be very careful.

Comment

Don’t run any weight in the rear pnp bags. It really doesn’t need it and with that much weight in a huge boat you must run super fast speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post

Playing with my new GSA style tabs I found that with full ballast if I extend both the L and R tab down and punch it I can get up on plane fairly easily.
                Yes it has auto TAPS. I'm glad you brought that up too. Make sure TAPS (center plate) is set to 1 to get up to speed for wakeboarding. Th bring it to 3-4 depending on rider preference. (Auto TAPS does this automatically when on)

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post

Yes it has auto TAPS. I'm glad you brought that up too. Make sure TAPS (center plate) is set to 1 to get up to speed for wakeboarding. Th bring it to 3-4 depending on rider preference. (Auto TAPS does this automatically when on)

Comment

Working...
                  X