Switching to wakeboarding mode after surfing 2017 RZX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching to wakeboarding mode after surfing 2017 RZX2

We are having issues dialing back in the wake after switching out of surf mode. It seems like the TAPS remained engaged and washed the wake out on the side we last surfed. A boat full of men pressing buttons randomly didn’t work [emoji1787] but there seems to be something in the settings that we should be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by SarahStenning View Post
    We are having issues dialing back in the wake after switching out of surf mode. It seems like the TAPS remained engaged and washed the wake out on the side we last surfed. A boat full of men pressing buttons randomly didn’t work [emoji1787] but there seems to be something in the settings that we should be doing.

How much ballast/people weight are you running when this issue is occurring?

Does your steering feel very smooth while turning at speed, say 16-20mph or does it get a little tougher at certain turning angles?

The reason I ask is that my R23 seems to have the surf plates engage the water when I have 2000lbs of people/ballast in the boat.

Comment

Yesterday the rear tanks were full so 3000lbs and there were 7 on the boat so we had quite a bit of weight. It felt like the Taps were engaged on one side but couldn’t figure out why. In the end I turned the auto taps off. Was that what you do?

Comment

Sorry to answer your other question I wasn’t driving at that point so not sure on how it felt.

Comment

Stupid question, but you made sure TAPS3 was off, correct? Was the boat weighted evenly or was it listed to one side?

With the surf system on, the side actuators should only deployed between 7-15MPH. So even if it was left on, once you got on plane the tab should have retracted. If not, you got something else going on and visit to your local dealer is probably the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
            Stupid question, but you made sure TAPS3 was off, correct? Was the boat weighted evenly or was it listed to one side?

With the surf system on, the side actuators should only deployed between 7-15MPH. So even if it was left on, once you got on plane the tab should have retracted. If not, you got something else going on and visit to your local dealer is probably the best option.
            Mike it seemed like the TAPS3 did not retract one side. I finally took it out of Auto TAPS3 and turned it off and the problem was cured. Someone else said they have had the TAPS3 engage when the have full ballast and lots of people on the boat. We were wakeboarding at 22.6mph so definitely should have turned off by that speed.
            The boat was off balance and the rooster tail off too. We will have to keep an eye and get it checked if the problem persists.

Comment

Working...
            X