Which Line and Handle do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Line and Handle do you like?

I am in the market for a new line and wanted some feed back about which lines guys like and why. Also what about the lines wrapped in plastic. What is the advantage of the wrap?
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

I think the Helium handles are some of the best. Specifically the Collin Wright model. They have a very comfortable feel to them.

http://www.heliumwake.com/

Comment

I like the helium also for handles. I just picked up last years a-line by accurate on sale cheap and have been really impressed w/it.

Comment

I use Straight Line Thermal wrapped line. I LOVE IT. It doesn't tangle and it doesn't fray. If you are in the water and you are allowing the line to run through your hand as the boat gets in position, it doesn't burn. It slides right through.

I also use a Straight Line carbon fiber handle. I believe it is the bantam, but I can't remember the exact name. There are three or four different model names that are all the same handle, just different colors and grips. I like the handle. It is really light.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I just picked up this line for $50. You can get the same deal if you e-mail the guy. I think they only have yellow left. Some good things where said on WW about the bullet lines. For $50 bucks I figured why not try it out.

bullet lines Armor line.

www.bulletlines.com

Ken Land
          kland@bulletlines.com
          Bullet Lines

Also have any of you tried the Proline Delta Handles? I like the idea of a replaceable grip (kinda like an old 10 speed grip) you can make the grip thin or thick depending upon what you like.
          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Hey, they are a Texas company too.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I used the bullet handle and lines all last year. Got them both for $90 shipped. They worked well for us.
              Let it be!!!

Comment

Bullet Ski Lines

Thanks for the great feedback on our lines. We are a Texas company, and we are a Tige owner. If anyone is looking for a great rope and handle at half the cost, please email or call.

Thanks,

Ken Land
                kland@bulletlines.com
                www.bulletlines.com
                Bullet Lines

Comment

Ken-
                  I got your line and loved them. I want to buy another as soon as you have a blue option. The yellow that I bought we tried out last weekend was sweet.
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Bullet Core Line

Coach,

We have a blue Bullet Core Line in stock. I can sell you the line and matching EVA handle for $100 shipped. Let me know.

Thanks,

Ken Land
                    kland@bulletlines.com
                    www.bulletlines.com
                    Bullet Lines

Comment

We just ordered a Straightline B2i Launch for our son for xmas. It's what he picked out, anybody have any feedback on these?
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Straightline B2i Launch

Handle/Straightline B2i Launch: I just had one of these arrive in a Big Brown Truck last week, too. Not used it yet, but have used a Straightline Amoeba grip handle for 4 or 5 years - very happy w/it. The new B2i Launch that came is a Matrix grip, and a little thicker than the Amoeba. Also looking forward to wrapped spins w/the mini handle. I like the idea of the B2i interchange system because you can drop in a new grip when the old one gets worn - usually the bridles are still good or show no wear at all. I picked up an extra grip, so I'm likely set for handle/grip for the next few seasons.

Rope: Also Straightline for 4-5 season - the UltraLite line. It was their least expensive no-stretch w/Spectra. I think it's discontinued, but still shows up online at places - I think under $40, and probably a pretty good deal at that price. A great line for us - no fraying, floats high/easy to see, and I've got no reason to stop using it.

A friend of mine has one of the plastic-encased Spectra lines (don't know the brand). It's sweeeet - I would highly recommend these, as they're very easy on the hands, especially if the driver makes the quick hot loop around the rider. He ran over this rope a few weeks back - bummer - so all of us in the crew inherited a few sweet 5' extensions. Making the best of a bad situation, we've been riding at 80' - it's the shizzz...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff T View Post
                          I use Straight Line Thermal wrapped line. I LOVE IT. It doesn't tangle and it doesn't fray. If you are in the water and you are allowing the line to run through your hand as the boat gets in position, it doesn't burn. It slides right through.

I also use a Straight Line carbon fiber handle. I believe it is the bantam, but I can't remember the exact name. There are three or four different model names that are all the same handle, just different colors and grips. I like the handle. It is really light.
                          Same here. My kids ride much more than I do and they swear by this line.
                          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

His handle came yesterday, I think it came with the interlock grip? He wants an amoeba, but I can't find it in gray/black or red/black yet.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We ride with the amoeba handle, blue and gray (matches the boat) and an a-line. I think I would like the plastic coated line more since one of our stomping grounds is extremely narrow so we have to do a lot of coiling and it would be nicer on the hands, but I got a really good deal on the a-line.

Comment

Working...
                              X