Board rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board rope

Has anybody tried adding a section of bungee cord to a wakeboarding rope? Would it create more pop during a load and release trick?

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
    Has anybody tried adding a section of bungee cord to a wakeboarding rope? Would it create more pop during a load and release trick?
    no, the opposite. you want a static line. your pop is created by loading the line by edging, keeping line close to your body, and using that force along with the ramp of the wake. a bungee is going to absorb most of that energy. same reason when if you let your atms out out as you hit the wake (instead of keeping them close) they act like a bungee and absorb that stored energy and you don't jump as high, or far. you can exaggerate this by actually pulling your body into the handle; as you ramp you will get tons of pop. a bungee absorbs that energy, a static line transfers the boat's energy to your jump.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want bungie, I suggest this:

https://youtu.be/vQdG3ks8-qY

Comment

Unstuck you beat me to it.....let’s see this at the next TO reunion!

Comment

As cnote said. The stiffer the better. learning to "pop" is all about your cut and your pop at the wake....meaning going from a bent knee position to extending your legs and standing tall as you go up and leave the wake. It's all timing and can take a bit to put it altogether.

Comment

I appreciate the comments, but I'm not talking about pop at the wake, it's the pop on flat water that you see in the videos, they call that "Load-and-Release". You quickly lean back, almost to the waters surface and get a "Bungee Effect" as it tries to pull you over your feet into a faceplant. The instructional videos say the rope reacts as if it were a bungee cord.

Comment

^ah ok. Still requires a stiff rope. It's the same principals of a back roll off a wake just a hell of a lot more aggressive to get the "pop" off the flat water and initiate the rotation.

Comment

Working...
              X