3 Stage Rocker boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Stage Rocker boards

Hey guys I am thinking about upgrading my wakeboard this off season. Right now I have a couple year old Liquid Force classic....I've read alot about the 3 stage rockers and how most seem to LOVE them....I'm 6'2" 225lbs definitely in the beginner category wakeboarding.....I don't need the newest so a leftover or used isn't out of the question....

What boards do you guys like/recommend?

I have a 2013 CWB Absolute 141 that I really like. 3 stage rocker, good pop, fun to ride and very reasonable price with bindings. I am beginner to intermediate, 6'1 and 250 lbs.

Comment

You feel the 141 is large enough? I'm always afraid for guys our size we need a board that's a 150 or something haha......

Actually..I guess I had the wrong term...I guess they call it "camber"...not 3 stage because my classic is a 3 stage.....so I guess I was looking at input on "camber" boards....They are supposed to allow you to shift more weight to your front foot...

Evo has a Ronix Bandwagon ATR for $150...it's XL (so I guess 147).....any idea if this board is decent?
      Last edited by BurnMac42; 10-15-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I could ride a bigger board but feel comfortable on the 141 so I stick with it. Asking about the camber rocker makes more sense I don't know a lot of people who still ride a continuous rocker board, but who am I to judge?

I have not ridden a board with a camber rocker, I wakeboard once in a while anymore just to remind myself why I prefer to surf lol. i would recommend looking for a local shop that has some demo boards you can try out.

Comment

I’ve got a Ronix with cambered edge. Not my favorite board. It tends to be pretty unforgiving on the toe edge. I prefer a three stage with my bindings set up symmetrically. I’m 6’ 190 and ride a 141. I was on a 139 before my current setup. At you guys sizes I’d think a 145 or so would be more appropriate but a lot of boards are also wider these days. Surface area is surface area.

Comment

Working...
          X