Ballast for 20i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast for 20i

I have a 2001 20i and an looking into adding some ballast this summer. I am looking into adding a Big Bag 540 on each side of the motor and a Big Bag 375 in the front aisle for a total of 1455 lbs.

Has anybody run a similar setup? Do you think it will be too much for my boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine has a similar setup with one of my custom taps plates as well and his wave is dialed to say the least depending on people in the boat u may not need so much bow weight but again it's ur personal preferance, I think you would be fine start at the back and work ur way forward
    surf till u die.

Comment

Thanks for the input, I haven't had any ballast just people so far. I'm not sure how it will be, but I want to give it a shot. My thought was to put the weight up front and taps all the way up. The thought of that much weight up front scares me since the bow rides so low in the first place, but I have always heard that weight needs to be balanced out on direct drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 2007 21i a long time ago and I did 200s in the bow and a 800 in the rear locker and it was awesome with 4 people in the rear corner but yes balanced is key
        surf till u die.

Comment

That's a good bit of weight for a 20i guess it all depends on how many people you will have in the boat with you. Like you said you will def have to watch the bow. I personally like our boat to be a little more weighted towards the rear.

Comment

Working...
          X