Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 320 pounder learn to wakeboard or wakesurf ? Any tips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a 320 pounder learn to wakeboard or wakesurf ? Any tips...

Hi Forum,
    My nephew is interested in Wakeboarding and or Wakesurfing. He is 5'10" 320 pounds.
    Any board size suggestions for him to begin with??

Thanks!

Maybe an Inland Surfer Red Rocket.
    http://www.evo.com/wakesurf-boards/i...ket-board.aspx
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Make take a look at RagBoy (TO Handle) or over at wake9.com he is a Tige Owner and roughly same size. He surfs all the time, but wakeboarding not sure about that. You might find a big a wakeboard 143cm+ and shorten the rope to 50' or so should get him up.
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I believe RagBoy is having a custom chaos board as we speak for surfing.
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

It's good to see manufacturers finally listening and realizing that there a lot of people that aren't sub 200lbs in the watersports community. I've for a long time preached to people I know about the fact that wakeboards should be made a lot longer. I ride a 163cm snowboard and if feels small. Why do I only get a maximum of a 144 cm wakeboard? I know the characteristics are different but added length is always good. Seeing Slingshot and Hyperlite come out with some big boards is awesome. I have yet to try one but I still believe it's a move in the right direction.

Now, we need more surf companies like Nick @ Chaos to have some big boy shapes that aren't just barn doors and tanks to ride behind the boat but can still provide performance.

I know they are both on here but here's a pic:
          Attached Files

Comment

Look at the doomswell EL JEfe its a larger board that is capable of most tricks.

Comment

Thanks!!! Always great resources on this site !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironrequiem View Post
                Hi Forum,
                My nephew is interested in Wakeboarding and or Wakesurfing. He is 5'10" 320 pounds.
                Any board size suggestions for him to begin with??

Thanks!
                The 2016 Murray 150 wakeboard is one I want to check out.....

Comment

I have a 155 byerly buck still new for sale for cheap. I have the hook up on all Hyperlite and byerly boards and gear, if you want to save some money let me know!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

it's also signed by Scott Byerly

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw this on reddit today, its possible!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wake/commen...mpiness_smile/

Comment

The best thing I ever did was buy a Slingshot Nomad 160. It feels a lot like my snowboard and I can ride it forever without getting tired. I'm 6'3" and 220-230. Maybe losing 60 pounds over the winter helped too.

Comment

for wakesurfing you are going to have to have a good size wave and a good size board. We got a 350lb rider to surf behind a 2015 Moomba, just takes a bigger wave to push the rider.

Comment

You know I would be tempted to try the tube start for the 300 lb surfer or one of these:
                            https://www.amazon.com/Sports-Buddy-...le+ski+trainer
                            Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Working...
                            X