how do i setup my bindings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i setup my bindings?

I'm learning to wakeboard and having a helluva time doing it. My bindings are set up like duck feet \ / but it doesn't feel real comfortable. My power leg is my right leg, but when I was younger and rode a skateboard I would push with my left leg, and keep the left leg at the back of the board- should I try and ride the wakeboard the same way? What if I set up the bindings like a "T". Any help would be apreciatted!!!

Get used to the way the bindings are now so when you ride switch it will ride the same. You would want to be comfortable riding both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
      Get used to the way the bindings are now so when you ride switch it will ride the same. You would want to be comfortable riding both ways.
      Lee's right, you want both bindings set up the same way. Now you can adjust them so the toes are pointed more or less out...it all depends on what you're comfortable with. Your skateboard stance is close to how you want to ride...start with whichever foot you rode forward with there.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

you will want to adjust the angle so that your knees feel comfortable. For a beginner, take both bindings to a little outside shoulder width, and at 0 degrees (paralell to board). then, adjust the angle outward will both knees feel good when riding. There is no shame in having your lead foot a tad more angled than you rear, but just try to keep the difference within 10 degrees, or you will be hindering your riding.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll give it another shot this weekend, it supposed to be in the low 100's out here!!!!

Comment

stand on something about two feet tall, jump off as high as you can, and bring your knees as close to your chest as you can. You want as little forward motion as possible (think "up-" not "out."). Try to land with your weight distributed evenly over your feet, and your feet directly below your shoulders.

wherever your feet are when you land is how they should be spaced (and angled) on your board- this is your natural stance.
            Freude am Fahren.

Comment

I'm with Ruune, jump off a table and land even on both feet and that is the best place to start.
              My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

When you say, your having a rough time and are not comfortable, what exactly do you mean? Doesn't sound like you have a "placement" issue. If you have ill-fitted bindings, it will not matter where you place them, they will always be uncomfortable.
                Try the placement as Runne and Nut aluded too, but if that doesn't work, then you will know real issue is. Good luck and tear it up...
                “Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy &#*! what a ride!”

Comment

Working...
                X