MC pro tour - No womens pro divsion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MC pro tour - No womens pro divsion

wow.... sad day for the sport of wake boarding... WTG MC!

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/no-...akeboard-tour/
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Sad day indeed. The article didn't list any reasons for droping the Jr and Womens from the Pro Tour, it must have been a money driven decision but I have no idea why it would save that much money to eliminate those competitors if they are still having the events. I guess it'll be a shorter day, less gas to run the boats and less prize money to hand out, but it's also a shorter day so less time for the spectators to interact with the sponsors displays and less airtime for sponsors when the event is taped or live streamed. Have the women been showing up to more INT events and not traveling for the Pro Tour? I can't think of a good reason to drop those divisions and potentially NOT grow interest and riders into the sport.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Well said Ewok!!!! I was baffled by this decsion as well.

Comment

I would have no doubt that men are the main drivers of the tour, right, wrong or indifferent. I would agree with ewok that it is bound to be money driven but reading ambers response(and eluding to shrinking paychecks) I wonder if it's driven by cost reductions or a way to pay the men a larger purse and attract more interest/names at each event with those larger paychecks.

I hope that amber/michelle pursue a female tour and end up pushing it into a huge success as I have seen some women that can board circles around some of the men I think there is a following and events would attract an audience.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I had to take a step back after reading this. I think my issue in this day and age is about equality. Not sure how you say we will keep the men and bail on the womens end of it. I suppose you can say cost is the driving factor, but if that is the case, you could argue that your paying the men to much, and cut things out on that end of it. But to just cut out an entire gender is plain @ss wrong if you ask me. I have two daughters and a wife that wake board. Amber wing, Dallas Friday, Melisa Marquardt have always been inspiring to them, and myself for that matter. I just think I take a step back think \ know this is wrong.

Angry.. its makes me angry.... grrr
          2011 Tigé RZ4
          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Wow! I don't understand that one at all.

Myself, I have always been impressed and love watching the women's events.

And MC's explanation is a little too corporate BS - "...Additionally, athlete eligibility for the MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour has been adjusted to ensure a dynamic and competitive field of riders at each event." - Huh???
            Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Comment

Working...
            X