Rope length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rope length

Could anyone tell me the length of there rope for wakeboarding from the handle to the loop at the tower?

It completely depends on you. If you are a beginner, you may want a shorter rope, so the wake will be narrower, and then you can clear the gap. I like about 75'-80'. For some reason, I don't get really high, but usually get some good distance. Landing in the flats, coming down from the height I do get, starts to hurt the knees.

It also depends on the speed, and your TAPS settings. .... Maybe since we live about 10 min apart, we can go out sometime, and I'll help you out. .... Yes, this is me offering to give you gas money, to take me out on your Ve!!!

Comment

usually around 80 ft...like boarder x said, if you just startin out shorten it till you can go w2w on both your hs and ts edges, that will probably be somewhere around 65 ft if your a complete beginner

Comment

I think 75 is a nice "mid-range." You can still make it W2W no problem, the wake looks great on most settings regardless of weight, and I don't feel akward trying difficult stuff.

Comment

Boarder x I will gladly take you out for a pull and you can give me some pointers! How about Tuesday around 4:00 at sly park lake?

Comment

Tony,

I finally responded to your email. Sorry that took so long. I was hoping to get things going easier.

No hard feelings I hope.

Again, please feel free to call or email me, and we'll figure something out.

Robb

Comment

We usually start our beginners on 65' then everyone kind of moves to where they feel comfortable.

I'm riding at 75', down from 80' last year.

I kind of felt the wake was better at a little shorter line length.
              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
              X