Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the down side

Wake jump.jpg

Although not zoomed in, if you follow the water trail off the board, you can see I am coming down from probably a 10-12' air, hard to gauge, but the point of the shot is this-

The R20 throws an absolutely perfect wake!!

I wish I had a shot of how much of a ramp that wave was, it was probably a 2.5-3' wave from swell to edge, and I have to admit, I was pretty timid coming into that beast. I would have loved seeing a better rider whip some inverts off of it.

Seems like everyone forgets about wakeboarding nowdays in the midst of this wakesurf phenom.
    Supporting the oil industry one pass at a time.....

Originally posted by Magnumguru View Post
    Seems like everyone forgets about wakeboarding nowdays in the midst of this wakesurf phenom.
    Not me! I still wakeboard and ride cable parks much more than I surf. In fact have not surfed in a few months. But I do agree that a lot people love to wake surf.

What ballast and speed are you running?

Comment

x2 on board more then I surf. I dont surf period. I body wake, but dont surf. I would love to ride that wake.. its super clean and your right pulling some verts off that would be super clean and big... also.. how far back you riding.. looks 75+

body wake = body board on wakesurf setup.
      2011 Tigé RZ4
      www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

In that picture the rear 250lb. factors are full, there is an additional 300 lbs. per side in the rear, front 450 is full, and there is another 150lbs we used to equalize the wake, because there was four adults in the boat.

I am pulling at 21 MPH, taps plate was probably at 4 or 5, and the line length was 70'.

It was the first time i had the wake that big, and it took me a while to get used to it (shoot....I am still trying to get used to it)!

What I find really cool about this R20, is that a couple days ago, I had NO ballast, and a 65' line, doing 21mph, and although I am just learning, I did two toe side wake to wakes, and I was doing heel sides way out on to the flats and catching really good air.

I have to give Tige 'props' on the sweet hull design.

My daughter was out as well (the reason for no ballast). She is 11, and although the wake was still pretty good sized, we were going 18 mph and she was riding back and forth across the wakes, popping ollies out on the flats, and even pulled some 180's to switch.....Pretty neat for her 4th time on the wakeboard...She's gonna be inverting that wake before me!

Comment

I also do a lot more wakeboarding then surfing. My first boat was a 2004 tige 20 v. Me and my buddies always use that boat as the basis of comparison for wakeboard wakes. Doesn't take a lot to sink a smaller boat.
          GO BIG!!

Comment

Ten to Twelve foot of air would put you Three to Five feet above the tower.2.5 to 3' wake is wake surfing height. No doubt the wake is awesome and you got tons of air!!!!!!
            I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

I do not know how you figure your 'air' but if you draw a line from flat to flat, and hit to peek, when you come off the wave you are already at 2.5 ft off above the water surface. My body position in that shot from head to tail is probably 4.5 ft. and you could stack two of me from flat to bottom of my board I figure, with just where I am at on the down side of that jump.

As for wave, I said that from trough to edge was 2.5- 3 ft. My wake board on a powerslide fits easily within the trought to edge of my wave, saying the wake is 2.5 ft isn't some kind of exaggeration. I have no need for such things. I was just trying to get people excited about wakeboarding and spark some interest.

I don't know why you feel the need to pop onto this forum with a Mr. Know-it-all badge and try to bring down someone's credibility.

Shawn Murray boosts 20 ft. of air, and the rope is barely up above the boat 5 degrees during his double up sessions.

I just don't understand your reasoning of throwing your comments out. I really don't need to I guess. People making comments like yours are on every forum on the web.

Comment

I dont think he was trying to doubt your credibility but possibly making a statement in general. I have never seen Robert personally attack someone on here.

Comment

Nice clean wake and air! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
                    I dont think he was trying to doubt your credibility but possibly making a statement in general. I have never seen Robert personally attack someone on here.
                    Matt, I guess since your an administrator, you probably watch this more than most and would know, so hopefully you are right, it just really rubs me wrong.

I am constantly impressed with the R20-and wakeboarding is a real treat behind it. I have the wakesurf wave pretty stinking dialed as well, although no VX (some pics on a different thread).

The only real problem we have once in a while while running full ballast is that if we try to put the taps more than 3 while wakeboarding the boat starts to bob in the front.

I don't know if a massive bag in the front would help keep it down, but that has been the only real effect.

One thing I would like to know is the effect on the VX on the Wakeboarding wave, if any.

Comment

The only real problem we have once in a while while running full ballast is that if we try to put the taps more than 3 while wakeboarding the boat starts to bob in the front.
                      I can tell you that it does. We fill the front 400 and lay another 400 fat sack horizontal in the bow. It braces itself fine once you get on plane.

We ride with the same weight as you in back. 250 hard tanks full with a 750 on the floor. The rope is at 70 feet with taps at 6, at 21-22 mph. The wake is a beast.

Comment

I do not know how you figure your 'air' but if you draw a line from flat to flat, and hit to peek, when you come off the wave you are already at 2.5 ft off above the water surface. My body position in that shot from head to tail is probably 4.5 ft. and you could stack two of me from flat to bottom of my board I figure, with just where I am at on the down side of that jump.

As for wave, I said that from trough to edge was 2.5- 3 ft. My wake board on a powerslide fits easily within the trought to edge of my wave, saying the wake is 2.5 ft isn't some kind of exaggeration. I have no need for such things. I was just trying to get people excited about wakeboarding and spark some interest.

I don't know why you feel the need to pop onto this forum with a Mr. Know-it-all badge and try to bring down someone's credibility.

Shawn Murray boosts 20 ft. of air, and the rope is barely up above the boat 5 degrees during his double up sessions.

I just don't understand your reasoning of throwing your comments out. I really don't need to I guess. People making comments like yours are on every forum on the web.
                        Sorry i wasn't trying to beat you down. I am very stoked at Tige's awesome wakes! You and i just have a different perspective of height.When the boat is traveling in the water the tower is about 7' to 8' off the water.If your rope was level and your knees were bent you would have cleared maybe 6' to 7 ' at best.I'm sure your stoked and having fun just like me.I just viewed your wake differently than you did. Again i'm sorry if you took it as an attack.That's not how i meant it.Happy Boating.
                        I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Wow, that wakeboard wake looks super nice, clean.
                          http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lems52 View Post
                            I can tell you that it does. We fill the front 400 and lay another 400 fat sack horizontal in the bow. It braces itself fine once you get on plane.

We ride with the same weight as you in back. 250 hard tanks full with a 750 on the floor. The rope is at 70 feet with taps at 6, at 21-22 mph. The wake is a beast.
                            Thanks for the Advice on the extra ballast. That is good to know, It really makes it hard cutting in consistantly with it bobbing like it does. Without the front ballst, we were figuring it out, and our wake is 2.5 ft tall, and pretty darn steep. What does going to 6 on taps with another 400 lbs do to the shape?

I am getting some pretty stinking high and landing way out to flat if I come in with any speed, so I think I am going to go out to 80' to try to land smoother- getting old....gotta watch the knees ya know...

I am going to try to do some camera work off to the side and catch it mid jump, to get a different perspective for the ol' forum.

Comment

The shape should get a little steeper and the wake will grow a LOT bigger with adding the bag in the front and increasing the taps. I always have more weight in the front and adjust with taps.
                              GO BIG!!

Comment

Working...
                              X