My schools Club video trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My schools Club video trailer

hey guys thought you might like to see the trailer I made for our video we hope to make this fall, just a bunch of highschoolers havin fun ridin lake travis, san jac river, colorado river, and lake livingston here in texas

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single....ml?medid=18940

That was really well done, you should be proud of yourself.

Here's a couple of thoughts:

1: The kid who eats it on the cut out at about 2:50 into the movie was my favorite part. Just cause it reminds me of me and my buddies!

2: You guys must love Denny's

3: For the love of pete, Teach that dude in the Green shirt to dance.

4: Why is that one guy wearing slalom gloves?

5: Did you know that you opened with three straight crashes? Maybe that's the point, but maybe you should open with a landed trick, like the one that comes at about 1:15 in. Just a thought.

Again, really really great job. I look forward to future installments!
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Great video! Looks like you had a good time making it. What program did you use to edit it?
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Hmm...not bad.

I do quite a bit of film editing, and I would say that your job was a pretty good first video. However, I kinda wrote out a list, for your next video, that I think would help.

1. Keep the cuts a bit shorter - My attention span is super short, and I am a pretty typical example of the average viewer. For instance, cut the amount of actuall, well, "cutting" a rider has into the wake to the last second or so. This may reduce the amount of footage that gets shown, but it really helps with the quality of the video.

2. Use a different, smaller font (the font was HUGE) and looked a tad cheesy. At the very least, reduce the font size.

3. Cut the super-long intro...maybe just throw up a quick title, then subtitle or something.

4. Cut the super long "sponsor" outro, or whatever. If you have to fill time, do it with more rider footage, or at least something else.

Other than that, I enjoyed watching it. There was some pretty cool looking footage on the video. Maybe you should try to get some stationary fly by footage too, that stuff always rocks in a video.

Comment

hah thanks for the tips guys. Some of it i can easily understand what your saying cause for one, we didnt have enough footage to fill a complete song so thats why theres a lot of unecessarily long shots, the typing is cheasy and quite honestly the editing sucks but hey im doin what i can with microsoft movie maker, the auctual video we hope to make il deffinately listen to yalls tips and make it a lot better than this one. Again thanks for the input. The real reason i posted it up here is cause id like to see some more vids of wakeboardin from you tige guys. I see a few on wakeboarder.com and would enjoy sein what everyone on this site has got goin on.

By the way...the gloves...yea trust me as of that day he was instructed never again to ride with em.

Comment

Ill post something sooner or later, I actually dont have any of the good footage on my computer right now. Ill try to dig something up.

Comment

Working...
            X