Best Trick You Can Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Trick You Can Do

What is the best trick you can do and how long have you been wakeboarding.
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Face plant, coming down from a back roll. I have had "wreck of the day" almost every time I have gone out. ... Go big or go home!

Well, i blew my knee out in 2000. I don't have insurance, so it took a few years to heal. I'll say three years.

Comment

I know there are more wakeboarders here than this.

Comment

My best consistently landed trick was a HS Backside 360 ... This summer I'm hoping to nail some TS 5's and some raley-based tricks.

HS BS 360:
        Attached Files
        www.dallaswakeboarding.com

Comment

That looks sweet. Right now I can just get wake to wake.

Comment

I'm with CP3. Just getting a good start. Finally have my own boat and will soon have my own board. I can do ollie 180 and jump the wakes, but I have only boarded behind an older inboard with a very small ski wakes and no ballast.

I was looking at buying "The Book" DVD to get some instruction. Any suggestions? Is there something better?

Comment

My best trick is telling my wife that I am going to work then go out all day on boat demo's.

Comment

.... We all lose!!

Lee has the best trick! ... Even better, he probably even gets paid.

"I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy."

Comment

180 wake jump...going for the 360 this summer

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by bneub
                    I was looking at buying "The Book" DVD to get some instruction. Any suggestions? Is there something better?
                    I have the first three and they give really great tips for starters. In the third one they start to move into more advanced tricks too.

Comment

HS FS 360. Actually nailed it for the first time today, after about 2 years of casual trying. Best feeling ever. I finally figured out that my technique was the issue, and once i corrected it, it came very easily.

I guess my other favorite trick would be the nose grab hs 180...

Comment

Gschmidt1,
                        How did you know your technique was bad? How did you know what was corrrect? Did you get pics or your attempt, and compare them to pics from a magazine or something?

My brother is trying that trick, and has come close, but just can't seem to land it. I don't know the correct technique for that trick, so I can't really help him out.

thanks,

Comment

Well, I really started trying to throw the trick before I was confident wake to wake, so for a while, it was really just a matter of improving my progressive edge into the wake.

However, I read a few instructionals, and this is what I gathered to be the best way to explain about it. This is actually the order that I think about while approaching the wake.

1. Cut out about 15 feet. You dont need a huge, fast cut. In fact, it makes things much harder. Take a nice progressive edge into the wake, just as if you were going for a poppy wake to wake jump. It is crucial that you keep your rope handle tight to your front hip, it will make or break the pass for you

2. Make sure to stand tall off the wake, just as if you were going for height. You should not even be thinking about spinning yet.

3. Once in the air (off the wake), your rope should still be tight to your front hip. At this point, you want to tug the rope (with BOTH hands, this is what nailed this trick for me) to your opposite hip. This will initiate the spin. You really dont need to throw your head around like other people suggest, it should just follow to the left. MAKE SURE YOUR HEAD IS LOOKING AT THE TREELINE. If it is not, you will nosedive. Just pick a point in the sky behind you, and keep your head at that level.

4. If you have your hands tight to your front hip, and tug with BOTH hands, the pass should be right there, just cake. Once you have the pass, your body will whip the rest of the way. On the landing, make sure you are edging away from the wake, on your heelside.

Thats about it, no pictures, sorry...we were just chillin, no filming that day. I guess the only thing I have to prove it is a boat full of friends...but the thing that really helped me was the instructional on wakeworld...i think it was a schwenne lesson or something...
                          Last edited by Gschmidt1; 04-25-2006, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

I'll print this, and give it to him. ... Maybe i'll try it myself.

Comment

I have a few tricks, but for right now an Ollie 180 is my favorite. Probably because it took me so long to figure out how to do it both regular and switch.
                              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Working...
                              X