New Z3... Advice on best weighting set up for wakeboarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Z3... Advice on best weighting set up for wakeboarding

I traded my RZ2 for a 2013 Z3. I have the full 2300 lbs. of stock weight and then Enzo Sacs on the rear of 1275 lbs. per side.

I've only been out in new Z3 a couple times, but I'm having some trouble dialing in the proper weight, taps, speed for wakeboarding.

I understand it will vary with amount of people and speed, but I don't seem to dial it is as easy as I did my RZ2.

Any input to get me started??... Thanks,

speed! I found the only way to get a nice clean wake is 22 or above

Comment

I'd probably guess you are short on bow weight. You'll want no more than a 60/40 split (stern/bow).

And yes, at least 22mph but prob 23+ with that much weight.

Comment

So with lesser inexperienced riders, that don't feel good at 22, are they just not going to have a clean wake, or if I lessen the weight and shorten the rope up a bit, will there likely be a ramp spot... Or "teach" them to ride at 22 and lessen the weight for not as much of a steep wake ?

Thanks,

Comment

The Z3 likes bow weight... even on the stock set up it needs more bow weight in my opinion and a new prop that helped too.

Comment

If the riders are inexperienced and dont feel comfortable at 22 mph, they are probably not needing 2300 lbs+ either.

You need to drop the weight or bump up the speed. but based on the experience of your riders, I think you need to drop the weight.
            www.wake.victoriaskimboards.com

Comment

Originally posted by bradk View Post
              So with lesser inexperienced riders, that don't feel good at 22, are they just not going to have a clean wake, or if I lessen the weight and shorten the rope up a bit, will there likely be a ramp spot... Or "teach" them to ride at 22 and lessen the weight for not as much of a steep wake ?
              From my own experience, a big wake is a detriment to learning. For several seasons, I rode on full ballast at 20 mph or below. I had problems with flattening out when hitting the wake and not holding a progressive edge. Try as I might, my body would over ride my brain when I was coming up on the big wake.

Then, two seasons ago, I was riding behind a friend's WS Bu and he had a rear ballast pump bad. So we rode on just some bow weight and the wake was smaller than I was used to. Lo and behold, I nailed that progressive edge on the first jump and went farther than I ever had on a big wake. When I got back on our RZ2, I rode for a few weeks with just bow weight, upped speed to 23, and really worked that progressive edge. Then I added rear weight and was able to use what I learned to edge through the bigger wake. Without riding on that small wake, I doubt I would have made that break through.

So, don't worry about wake size until your rider can hold a progressive edge through a smaller wake and clear (or come close to clearing) w2w.

Comment

Working...
              X