So what is the hot wakeboard setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is the hot wakeboard setup?

Just wondering every bodies thoughts on the different wakeboards and bindings out there I have an old CWB that has treated me well but it is time to update.

What is your level of experience? Do you prefer open or closed toe bindings? How tall and weight? Cable and Boat? Or just Boat?
    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Do you snowboard? If so, demo a Slingshot wake board.

Comment

I am a rookie but I really really want a slingshot. They look ridiculous, but I haven't ridden one yet.
        '99 Tige 21v MercCruiser 350 MPI

Comment

Originally posted by Yokes View Post
          I am a rookie but I really really want a slingshot. They look ridiculous, but I haven't ridden one yet.
          They are a free-ride sort of board. Definitely looser and harder to control. There is no cheating by using big fins or bottom channels present on some other boards. On a Slingshot (like a snowboard), you are usually carving an edge to maneuver. They are huge amounts of fun for surface tricks too. I will admit they are harder to learn to jump on because landing can be slippery.

I started on a Ronix and have ridden friend's Hyperlight, LF, and maybe a few others. I doubt I will ever own a non-Slingshot board.

I had an older retired Slingshot Response (continuous rocker) after I upgraded to a Slingshot Newton. So I bought two sets of surf traction pads and set them up at 24" 15/15 degrees and ride it with no bindings. When I get especially daring I ride that same setup with no bindings and no fins. Amazing fun. End of last season I barely touched my board with bindings because the no-binding ride was so much fun.

Comment

sorry, out of town... I have been snowboarding for over 25 years and wakeboarding for over 15. I am not a big jumper love turning, but I have always riden behind a I/O boat without I tower. 6'2" 225, just got a wakeboard boat and my CWB is over 10 years old. Just was checking out some stuff online and in a shop but did not know what is good. One toe is what I am using now, I did see a board that has snowboard like bindings and you have to buy boots. Are those any good? seem very pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by bk530 View Post
              sorry, out of town... I have been snowboarding for over 25 years and wakeboarding for over 15. I am not a big jumper love turning, but I have always riden behind a I/O boat without I tower. 6'2" 225, just got a wakeboard boat and my CWB is over 10 years old. Just was checking out some stuff online and in a shop but did not know what is good. One toe is what I am using now, I did see a board that has snowboard like bindings and you have to buy boots. Are those any good? seem very pricey.
              AMAZING!! snowboarding has always been something that wakeboard designers have followed and found types of inspiration from. These bindings are no different they were modeled directly after the snowboard bindings. I have them and also have a set of Ronix Relik boots that i loved until trying these Hyperlite System bindings and boots. They take me a little longer to put on if i wait to put boots on but if i have boots on and ready it is much faster to stage for next ride.

As far as price... they run at the same price as a set of Ronix, Hyperlite, any of the high end closed toe bindings.

Features to me are the ride... the problem i always found with traditional style bindings was the toeside response and control, the system bnindings and boots are more responsive on the toe side and give more feel for the board. Just like snowboarding you are mounted DIRECTLY to the board, no more base plate that displaces the pressure that you try to emphasize in one area of the board.

just my

Comment

So you think either a closed toe or snowboard binding would be the best? I will look into the Relik (never heard of them), thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by bk530 View Post
                  Just wondering every bodies thoughts on the different wakeboards and bindings out there I have an old CWB that has treated me well but it is time to update.
                  used to ride LF gear...and its all been good... but last year moved over to slingshot. love my KTV bindings and Kine board... have a lymann as well just have not taken it out yet... But really love my slingshot setup.
                  2011 Tigé RZ4
                  www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

if your going to ride at a wakepark.... I would go the snowboard type binding.. beyond that not a big deal in a boat setup. I would go with a closed toe and board mounted setup all day everyday on a boat.
                    2011 Tigé RZ4
                    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

With your height and weight i would recommend a 143 cm board to a 145 cm board.A board with a continuos rocker will be faster and easier to control if you decide to start getting air.They are more consistent and land smoother than a 3 stage.

Comment

As far as price.Check out EVO.COM. They have some of the best prices and selection on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by robert theisen View Post
                          As far as price.Check out EVO.COM. They have some of the best prices and selection on the web.
                          X2, look at their outlet for 2012 boards save a lot of $

Comment

How about the CWB nobody is talking about them and they seem pretty nice.. Looks like Barts Water Sports has some pretty sold prices as well.

Comment

I use a CWB Marius and my wife has a CWB Marius in the 134cm size. We both love them. I had a CWB Transcend before the Marius,but the Marius is better all around for me.It has a continuous rocker which is more consistent for me. I use closed toe boots and prefer them for jumps and spins. My wife uses open toe and she gets a little air but doesn't go wake to wake yet. She mostly likes to carve and cut out aggressively. I also had a CWB Faction which was a good all around board too. Good luck with your search.

Comment

Working...
                              X