Wake om 20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake om 20V

Trying to dial the wake on our 20V for wakeboarding.

We have the standard balast on the boat which I believe is two - 200lb tanks on the starboard and port aft and two one hundred pond tanks on the starboard and port front.

One of the forward port tank is not working due to a bad pump. So I sat on the port side and we had the other tanks full to capacity and we had taps at like 6-8. Speed was around 21 mph. Son wants a bigger wake.

How can we get a bigger wake with the stock tanks right now? Run with more ballast in front versus in back? Taps and speed?

Thanks for the insight.

Originally posted by Goalie30dad View Post
    Trying to dial the wake on our 20V for wakeboarding.

We have the standard balast on the boat which I believe is two - 200lb tanks on the starboard and port aft and two one hundred pond tanks on the starboard and port front.

One of the forward port tank is not working due to a bad pump. So I sat on the port side and we had the other tanks full to capacity and we had taps at like 6-8. Speed was around 21 mph. Son wants a bigger wake.

How can we get a bigger wake with the stock tanks right now? Run with more ballast in front versus in back? Taps and speed?

Thanks for the insight.
    With out adding ballast just invite more people out ( 150lbsx10 =1500 lbs) and keep the gas tank full. Tige's produce the most consistent wake weighted 55% back 45% front unlike most boats that like 70% back and 30% front. My 22v has 1500 back 1000 middle and 1400 front. I get a massive wake (chest high at 24mph) with good shape.

Comment

The 20V likes some nose weight for wakeboarding. I have a buddy that has 3 of the 750lb sacs and runs the one in the bow completely full and then fills the rears as full as he can get and then has about 100lbs of lead that he moves around to clean it up. It's a solid, solid wake and lots of fun. Like goose said, invite more people out!

Comment

Originally posted by goose69 View Post
        I get a massive wake (chest high at 24mph) with good shape.
        c'mon man, I'm all for hyperbole, but chest high? Are you 4'3"?

Comment

Originally posted by shawndoggy View Post
          c'mon man, I'm all for hyperbole, but chest high? Are you 4'3"?
          Watch my video a you will my wake is alway between waist and chest. With full ballast and 14 people in the boat is is chest. Last year we rode an xstar with 7500 lbs of ballast and 12 people and it was shoulder high. Oh ya I am 6 foot.

Comment

Working...
          X