Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye of the tigé

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6lGsfxwnOw

When I see video likes this, it makes me somewhat angry. I have had the misfortune to face families and tell them that their son/brother/friend/father is dead/dying and there is nothing we can do about it. What makes me angry is that they are always so surprised and whoop and hollar for us to do something to save their love one. When in reality, they were the ones responsible.

Riding with multiple people, on the transom, face first in the maximally concentrated CO2 emission area, with no life jackets. Absolutely amazing that, obviously skilled and knowledgeable boaters (by the tricks on the wakeboard, ie lots of time spent on the water) could act so irresponsible is beyond my comprehension.

Due us a favor and and remove the video to prevent others from copying a recipe for disaster, or don't ask the doctors why your love one drowned.

This is not to be a flame by any sorts, just reality.
    The worst day of boating is still the better than the best day of work......, unless you bend your prop.

Comment

Teak Surfing

http://waterski.about.com/cs/tipsboa...ak_surfing.htm

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com...-teak-surf4384

http://www.dbw.ca.gov/PressRoom/2004...1TeakSurf.aspx

http://wildindiana.com/wps/2011/07/n...ng-in-indiana/

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2686&Q=322312
      Last edited by chpthril; 07-29-2012, 11:34 PM.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by specialk View Post
        Due us a favor and and remove the video to prevent others from copying a recipe for disaster
        X2. Please.

Comment

Please, please don't do that anymore! I'm glad you guys had fun and that there weren't any injuries but please don't it anymore! It's ok if you didn't understand the dangers before trying it but now that you have the info, use it and we won't hold it against you. Have fun out there and be safe!

Comment

My platform isn't teak, its fiberglass so I am safe.

Done it many times before behind my boat which has a cat, which I know doens't make it completely safe. Done it before with a few well respected pros behind their non cat boats. Never have done it when children were around or with someone who doesn't understand the potential dangers.

Comment

Never realized it was dangerous. I have Side exhaust so I didn't think co2 is an issue. Next time we are out I will bring me co2 meter to check the levels. Everyone in the video are certified rescue swim (except for one who I made but a life jacket on. I feel bad because I don't know how to remove the thread.

Comment

That does look like you guys had a great time and those are some incredible wakeboarding tricks at the end.

I would definitely encourage you to at the very least put some kind of warning in the description about:

1. You should always wear a life jacket.

2. Teak surfing is extremely dangerous because of CO gas.

3. Your boat is an inboard and if the boat were not an inboard you would be dangerously close to the prop.

4. One boarder can seriously harm the other boarder while riding tandem.

Your family obviously knows what they are doing and knows the risks, and if you choose to do those things anyway, that's your choice. But someone who finds that video on youtube might not know what they are doing and might not know how dangerous some of those things can be.

I am by no means the safety police in my group, but I always believe I know and accept the risks in the stupid things I do before I do them, or encourage/allow anyone else to. I just think that at least a little warning would be warranted here.

Comment

Originally posted by goose69 View Post
                  Never realized it was dangerous. I have Side exhaust so I didn't think co2 is an issue. Next time we are out I will bring me co2 meter to check the levels. Everyone in the video are certified rescue swim (except for one who I made but a life jacket on. I feel bad because I don't know how to remove the thread.
                  Don't remove the thread. It's probably a good thing to help make others aware. Maybe remove the video from youtube so no one gets an idea to try it for themselves. (private youtube is a great idea. Thanks for doing that!)
                  Last edited by TigeTrojan; 07-30-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Just an FYI, its CO (Carbon Monoxide), not C02 (Carbon Dioxide) that is the dangerous gas.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by TigeTrojan View Post
                      That does look like you guys had a great time and those are some incredible wakeboarding tricks at the end.

I would definitely encourage you to at the very least put some kind of warning in the description about:

1. You should always wear a life jacket.

2. Teak surfing is extremely dangerous because of CO gas.

3. Your boat is an inboard and if the boat were not an inboard you would be dangerously close to the prop.

4. One boarder can seriously harm the other boarder while riding tandem.

Your family obviously knows what they are doing and knows the risks, and if you choose to do those things anyway, that's your choice. But someone who finds that video on youtube might not know what they are doing and might not know how dangerous some of those things can be.

I am by no means the safety police in my group, but I always believe I know and accept the risks in the stupid things I do before I do them, or encourage/allow anyone else to. I just think that at least a little warning would be warranted here.
                      I have took the video off you tube because I don't want anyone to get hurt. I thought with side exhaust co gas won't be a problem. All of our stunts a carefully planned and only a broken nose last year when my son hit his knee on his nose on a temper tantrum. I never thought to but the jack *** "don't try this at home" warning at the beginning of my videos but will. I guess them body surfing behind the boat didn't seem dangerous at all. My kids rider 20-30 hours a week and ride year round. We are on the water so much this year alone we have rescued 5 hurt and or disdressed boaters. They practice double stunts with different length rope before using close to the same length ropes. We like to push the envelope like Wednesday my oldest son is going to sky diving with a wakeboard on landing and my other son already behind the boat with a rope waiting. My other son is going to release his chute and they are going to double wakeboard. For this we will have two boats with train rescue personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by goose69 View Post
                        We like to push the envelope like Wednesday my oldest son is going to sky diving with a wakeboard on landing and my other son already behind the boat with a rope waiting. My other son is going to release his chute and they are going to double wakeboard. For this we will have two boats with train rescue personnel.
                        Wow! That stunt sounds amazing. Please post the video of that! And I think the don't try this at home will be pretty well implied on that one.
                        It's great that you guys are able to push the envelope and that you do take the safety part seriously.

Comment

Wow! Good luck with that stunt!!! That sounds amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by TigeTrojan View Post
                            Wow! That stunt sounds amazing. Please post the video of that! And I think the don't try this at home will be pretty well implied on that one.
                            It's great that you guys are able to push the envelope and that you do take the safety part seriously.
                            Will post next week

Comment

I would love to see the video

Comment

Working...
                              X