cold water anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold water anyone

Usually for us the end of april is boating season. but I was able to talk the wife into driving for some early season riding. given the water temp was 38 and a week ago there was a small sliver of ice on this lake I am not complaining! 15 minutes and I was good. hands and feet went a bit numb.

2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Cool G! Is that Willard? If so I have never seen it so smooth.

Comment

yep that be willard bay.

it can be smooth.. but you have to time it... luckily they have a web cam at the ramp now, but I did not check. Think I was just hell bent to say I rode this early. lol
      2011 Tigé RZ4

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Glass like that is worth it. I'd be out if my boat was ready.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Your wake is very different from ours. Your two ramps almost touch in the middle. Ours never get that close - they approach and then veer away. Are you ballasting in that photo?

Comment

I've got two weeks until I'm in the water in Missouri. No wetsuit for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                Your wake is very different from ours. Your two ramps almost touch in the middle. Ours never get that close - they approach and then veer away. Are you ballasting in that photo?
                that was 50% in the back and 25% in the front.. had taps at 3. so a pretty mellow wake. usually pack on 1200 pounds of lead on top of the pro ballast. I will post another.. think my wake looks like that regardless

here is a pic from last oct.
                Last edited by WakerideN; 03-12-2012, 10:01 PM.
                2011 Tigé RZ4

Comment

I didn't see you out there tonight. Looks really smooth.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
                    I didn't see you out there tonight. Looks really smooth.
                    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Kind of interesting, that shot is of Willard Bay. It is a man made lake as you can see by the dike that goes around it. The rest of the water is from the Great Salt Lake. In the early '80's they had a ton of snow and all of that was under water for many years. The water would come up to the freeway. The top left at the base of the mountains is Brigham City, UT. It is 60 miles North of Salt Lake City.

Comment

Speed has a bit to do with that too, he's probably pulling 22-24 ish in that photo?
                        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                          Speed has a bit to do with that too, he's probably pulling 22-24 ish in that photo?
                          Ooof, I'm really uncomfortable wakeboarding that fast.

Comment

Ooof, I'm really uncomfortable wakeboarding that fast.
                            Last season I finally moved up into that speed range. It did wonders for the wake. And it made carving a lot more fun. It was nerve racking at first but then I adjusted. It did not make the wipeouts all that more painful btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                              I was puling at 23.8 If I recall...
                              2011 Tigé RZ4

Comment

Working...
                              X