No announcement yet.

Bindings Tight or Loose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to want my bindings as tight as possible on my foot and my ankle until I tore legiments in both feet(separate incidents) because the bindings being that tight didn't allow my foot to flex from left to right as my body fell to one side and the board stayed flat. Both these injuries occurred with the older style open toe neoprene bindings which don't cinch down on the upper ankle as good as boots do. I've since switched to boots (worlds better) and I barely tighten the foot area and crank down the ankle. Haven't had any issues since.
    Wake to wake jump is really easy if you just commit to staying on that heel edge all the way through the wake. A tiny hop as you release off the top of the wake and you'll float right over and land in the sweet spot on the back of the opposite wake. You don't need tons of speed, it's all about edge control. Keep the rope in so your arms aren't straight out. Pull the boat, don't let it pull you! Rope should be kept around your low chest-belly button area with arms about 70 degrees.
    I ride behind a 22ve mostly. 70ft line, 22.2-5 mph, taps 7-8, 300-500 lbs of ballast in each rear corner and 200-300 up front. (dependent on how many people are in the boat) Happy riding!
    Last edited by Jetdriver; 06-11-2016, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X