Need help with my Tantrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with my Tantrum

Okay, for a good laugh watch my quick video I posted. These were my first attempts at the Tantrum this past weekend.
    I'd appreciate any hints or advice youall could give.
    I feel I'm not hitting the wake hard enough to get that POP needed to really make this trick stick.

[YT]YT]
    Last edited by Vicseek; 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM.
    2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
    Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

I can't do one but I think the problem you are running into is that you are starting the trick too early (see pic). It looks like you are starting the trick at exactly the point where you are starting to pop instead of waiting for the pop and then hitting the trick? I can't do the trick though so take it FWIW. Good luck! The rest of your riding looks great!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vicseek View Post
      Okay, for a good laugh watch my quick video I posted.
      No laughing here. Big for even trying. Don't know I will ever get the guts to do so.

Comment

Way too early. You are jumping where you should be opening up.
        Open up, pop off the lip and fling it.
        Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Ok...first things first. You need to take a step back and work on your normal w2w jump. Notice how you are edging extremely far out, starting your edge in towards the wake, and then instead of progressively edging harder, you tend to flatten off as you extend your knees for your pop at the top of the wake.

A w2w jump should only require you being 15 or so ft outside the wake, then as you make the turn to cut towards the wake you need to concentrate on edging harder and harder until you reach the wake. This is known as edging through the wake.

The edge/cut required for a tantrum is actually closer to your current w2w edge. You want to cut out about 30 ft from the wake and edge harder at first, as you reach the edge of the wake you will then square up much like you did in the video only you need to wait until the peak of the jump to pop. Head to www.wakeworld.com and search for tantrum under trick tips. That will give you a ton of info.

Comment

Awesome! That's exactly what I was thinking...I'm not making a hard enough progressive edge. My w2w jump I end up comming off the edge to set up "stablize" for the jump. I know what you mean by only needing to be 15ft or so outside and cutting in harder and harder. Thanks for the tips!
            Damn, back to the basics so I get this thing before summer is GONE!!
            2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
            Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

Here is a good video that helped me. I'm the type of person who needs to know how things actually work for me to fully understand them. So this video fit the bill for me!

Last edited by rickd3508; 10-04-2011, 04:09 PM.

Comment

nice post rickd3508...

Vicseek, here is a great tutorial on the tantrum
                http://www.learnwake.com/library/inv...verts/tantrum/

Comment

Well heck, according to the pics in that tutorial, the one I posted from his video looks like he's right on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by rickd3508 View Post
                    Here is a good video that helped me. I'm the type of person who needs to know how things actually work for me to fully understand them. So this video fit the bill for me!

Good video, I have used it as reference many times in the past.

Comment

I also use TSO Wake on my iPhone just before my set.

It helps me to visualize the trick I'm working before I ever step into my bindings. For me, it all happens very fast once I start edging in! I have to tell myself what i'm gonna do just before I pull the trigger, then pray my body does it correctly? lol

I use Visualization until I get the "feel" for it. With the goal being to develop confidence in my muscle memory.

Guess its like what a lot of race car driver do. On race day, may drivers will run the full course in there mind before they ever get in the car!

Visualization Training

Last edited by rickd3508; 10-05-2011, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X