Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Inland Surfer Yellow Loogey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Inland Surfer Yellow Loogey?

I need a board that can handle my 200+ pound relatives. My current board, an IS Infectious, is absolutely great but struggles under the 200-220 pound load some of these guys carry around.

A neighbor has a Blue Lake and a Yellow Loogey for sale. I borrowed both and tried them last night. While I'm not the target market since I don't weigh 200+, I figured I could get a feel for how each behaves. I found the Blue Lake to be absolutely HUGE and hard to control at my 175 pounds. I found the Yellow Loogey to be much better, controllable and quite fun though not as much as the skimboard-style Infectious. The Yellow is still obviously much larger and more buoyant than the Infectious so I can easily believe it will handle the larger folks.

The current owners describe them as follows: "The Blue is easier for 200+ rank beginners to get up on, but is more limited in playfulness. The Yellow is harder to learn on but takes them farther once they're up."

They'll sell me either one, including a nice padded transport bag, for $300. They're in excellent condition. I'm leaning hard toward the Yellow but have read lots of positive comments about the Blue. What is the group consensus?

Thanks!

Drat, wrong forum. Sorry. Admin's, please delete. I'll repost in Wakesurfing.

Mea culpa.

Comment

Working...
    X