help from the pro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help from the pro's

I started wakeboarding about 2 yrs ago. I am a old time salom skier and barefooter. After a few surgeries I have changed over to wakeboarding and surfing. My goal this year has been just to jump the wake. Well I have done that this year and now I am trying to learn how to ride the wakeboard in both directions. I don't seem to have a problem going to my left. I am not goofy footed. I can go heel and toe side when riding. Now I want to learn how to ride in both direction across the wake in either direction. What do I need to adjust on my bindings to feel comfortable going in both directions. Right now I can't ride going to my right. My boots are set up neutrel. No fins. Do I need pictures or video of my riding to help me improve. I am to old to do anything crazy, but I am really having fun jumping the wake right now. I just want to do it consistantly and get better pop then I am right now. I have been watching videos as much as possible but riding in both direction I just don't know how to adjust for. I seem to suck up my knees (like saloms skiing) sometimes when attacking the wake. I am not sure how to post a video but w/ a little help I may be able to do so.
    TIA
    Last edited by TRD; 06-18-2011, 03:14 AM.
    Dale
    2000 21i Tige

if you want comfort go duck stance. Spread your bindings to a comfortable width,but generally wide (I ride 23 inches) and set your stance so that your angles are something like 15-20 in front and - 10- -15 in back, also for switch riding make sure that you are centered over the board and your bindings are of equal distance from tip and tail, hope that helps

Comment

Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart.Make sure you can squat all the way down with no discomfort in your knees.Look at how your feet are positioned.That will be your most comfortable stance.If you look up learnwake.com they have a toeside drill you can do to improve your toeside edge.ONCE you are comfortable with your toeside edge and toeside body position.TAKE it to the wake.One wake at first till you get used to the pop.I like to refer to toe side as standing on your toes and knees at the same time.From your knees to your shoulders should be one straight line.You push off your toes much like doing a back dive off the diving board.Once you feel the pop the wake will be easy to clear.The handle should be in your back pocket of your right side if your goofy.This keeps you from twisting in the air which makes it difficult to land on your toeside edge.Film is the best way anyone can help you.Small body position changes make a big difference.
      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will try some of this next time and report back.
        Dale
        2000 21i Tige

Comment

I ride 16" wide & euro style.....that's old school snowboard stance super narrow and both feet angled forward at like 46 degrees...pretty gay if you ask me.

My wakeboard stance is all the way out & around 15 & -12.

Funny thing is that my wakeskate stance is wider than my wakeboard stance.
          www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Check your inbox TRD

Comment

I know this thread is a little old but: A great tip I was told to setup a neutral wakeboard is to stand in place and jump up in the air... where you feet land on the ground, that's it. Both feet should be slight around shoulder width apart and slightly toed out.
              Once in the water either pull up goofy or do a surface 180 to get there, tell everybody in the boat to enjoy a beer and turn up the tunes cause you're going to ONLY ride goofy. It's going to feel like begining wakeboarding all over again. Keep at it and by the end of the day you'll have a 1 wake jump no problem. The next time out on the lake your muscle memory will work wonders!
              2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
              Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

I second Vicseek. I did that a few years ago. Just ride Switch all day and get the feel for it. It is like trying to write left handed (assuming you are right handed)
                Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

Comment

Working...
                X