2011 Bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Bindings

I was looking at the 2011 Hyperlite System binding designs, and im not sure what to think of them. Looks like a crazy design, but could also be the best boot design to date. I have riddin Ronix boots for the last few years and they are great in every aspect. I am curious to see if any of you have heard anything about these new bindings, or what you think about them!

I'm going to rock them this year. I have rode ronix cells for the last 3 years. And I love the feel and stiffness when they are brand new. But they they wore really fast and fell apart, I went through 5 pairs in those 3 years. Riding between 3-4 days a week. And on top of that 4 wakeboards this year alone.

The reason I'm so stoked on the hyperlite system. Is for the reason I like snowboard setups, the boots just basically wear out and don't break, over 3-5 years. The bindings might break, but generally it's a 5 dollar strap. With typical wakeboard bindings your trying to combine a soft and supportive boot mold to a hard baseplate that attaches to the board. This is generally just sewn in.

I also think that the system will give much better heel and toe response much like a snowboard binding does.

I'm giving them a shot, and if it doesn't work out I'll jump back into a pair of ronix and hope their product will hold up better.

Comment

Cool, i've never snowboarded so I really have no idea how these will work but I have been looking and am thinking about giving them a shot.

If you get some let us know how you like them!

Comment

the new hyperlites are designed more for cable park riding.. interested to see if their version of the burton channel system will hold up to wakeboard impact
        Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

Originally posted by MTtigekid View Post
          the new hyperlites are designed more for cable park riding.. interested to see if their version of the burton channel system will hold up to wakeboard impact
          that would be my concern as well.only time and punishment will answer that question.
          I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Originally posted by robert theisen View Post
            that would be my concern as well.only time and punishment will answer that question.
            true.. just watch it carefully and make sure they are tight before going out for the first couple times.. cause blowing a knee is really easy when your binding goes from 15 degrees to 40 when you case a landing

Comment

Who rides harder than Rusty. He is a big guy not like lots of these pros that are about 5'5" 135. Snow boarders abuse those bindings as well and they land hard as hell. Gotta think they will take some serous abuse. I have seen binding ripped out of the screw holes etc. Time will tell but gotta think they will stand the test.

Comment

Originally posted by helmut View Post
                Who rides harder than Rusty. He is a big guy not like lots of these pros that are about 5'5" 135. Snow boarders abuse those bindings as well and they land hard as hell. Gotta think they will take some serous abuse. I have seen binding ripped out of the screw holes etc. Time will tell but gotta think they will stand the test.
                its not that every binding will fail, and im speaking from experience with burton's 1st edition of the bindings. just somthing to look out for

Comment

Can you use the new system binding on any of the hyperlite boards or do you have to but a new board?

Comment

you can put them on any board I THINK... I got some last week and put them on my 2010 Byerly Conspiracy, they fit just like any other binding... given Byerly is made by Hyperlite.

But they were designed specifically for the 2011 hyperlite boards with the single runner through the middle for attaching the bindings, but they fit just fine on the traditional mounting system. And at first look and fell they appear to be very solid, should provide great fel and response im still a little skeptical about how they will hold up when you crash going faster and harder behind a boat than you would on cable.

I will post what i think of them as soon as i get a chance to ride them!! It will be a couple of weeks due to another knee surgery but as soon as im able i will be out there testing them out.

Comment

I went to mccormicks today and J.D.WEBB was there.He had the new bindings and got huge air off the big kicker.He didn't baby his board either,it got a good workout.The board and bindings held up well.I would say they are pretty durable.
                      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

yes it looks that way, I got them about two weeks ago, but still havent gotten to water test them due to the knee surgery that I just had again. In looking them over and doing a little "playing" with them they felt good and seemed as strong as any traditional set. Will post up again after I am able to get in the water and ride for the first time in them.

Comment

I'm looking to pick up a pair...as far as how they will hold up, I don't think they could be any worse than whats out there now. I have averaged 2-3 broken pair of LF Watsons the past 3 seasons. I expect they will break on occasion, but will provide the best heel/toe response of any binding system yet...no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                          X