Prop suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop suggestions?

Rather than employ sheer guess work, I elect to learn from others.

I just bought a 1996 Pre2K. Standard 5.7L, hydraulic wake adjust trim tab, and an aftermarket tower.

The current prop is a 3 blade of unknown pitch (is this stamped on the prop somewhere?). The goal is a balance of efficient operation and adequate power out of the hole with a fully loaded boat.

If anyone has tried different configurations, or just has a good idea of where to start (hell the current prop might just be the ticket) I am eager to learn.

The ID should be looking out at you right where it is torqued to the Prop Shaft. I copied this pic off the Acme site
    http://www.acmemarine.com/our_props.php
    Attached Files
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Knowing what the Dia and Pitch of your current prop is a huge step towards selecting and upgrade. The other pieces of the puzzle will be: engine, v-drive gear ratio if applicable, elevation, and what your goals are for a new prop.

Once you have this, contact the experts at ACME and they will make a couple recommendations.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
      X