Sponsors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sponsors

I am currently trying to find out how to obtain sponsors for wakeboarding. I don't know how the process works exactly. I competed in INT for the first time last summer and got first in men's intermediate. I can throw 5 inverts and my best is the scarecrow! What type of sponsorship should I look for? What would be the advantage of getting a sponsor? How would I go about obtaining them?

Work with your local shops...that's the best way. It's not always about what tricks throw or how much you win. You want to represent products you use and believe in...that makes promoting them easy. It's a two-way street for manufacturers or shop owners, so identify what value can you bring to them. Work on a bio or resume that you can send out to potential sponsors. PM your email and I'll send you an example of one my son has used successfully.

Comment

You've already ruined wakeboarding and taken the fun out of it. Ride for yourself and for fun. If your good enough the sponsors will find you.

Finding a good local shop and representing them is a good way to start. Than they can hook you up as a rep rider and progress from there.
      www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffe View Post
        You've already ruined wakeboarding and taken the fun out of it. Ride for yourself and for fun. If your good enough the sponsors will find you.

Finding a good local shop and representing them is a good way to start. Than they can hook you up as a rep rider and progress from there.
        Having fun is a given!!! Nothing is ruined if you are an advocate of the sport and building positive relationships. We had a lot of fun last week when 2011 gear arrived and we are still riding in November.

Comment

Working...
        X