Rope and handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rope and handles

I need to get my son a new wakeboard rope. He's been using a hand-me-down rope from his cousin that can only get down to 75 feet. I'd like to have the option to run him at 60' maybe even 55' but I can't find a rope that gets that short.

I saw the Hyperlite A-line says it's 70' overall with (3) 5' sections. Does that mean it's 70' WITH all three sections so the shortest it gets is 55' ?

Anyone have any hookups, or anything on wakeboard ropes?
    Waiting for another good one!

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
    I need to get my son a new wakeboard rope. He's been using a hand-me-down rope from his cousin that can only get down to 75 feet. I'd like to have the option to run him at 60' maybe even 55' but I can't find a rope that gets that short.

I saw the Hyperlite A-line says it's 70' overall with (3) 5' sections. Does that mean it's 70' WITH all three sections so the shortest it gets is 55' ?

Anyone have any hookups, or anything on wakeboard ropes?
    I think you are right on the line above, but then add back the handle and lead length.

Edit- listen to Robert. SL has ruined me the last few years with the odd line lengths.
    Last edited by thtrog; 09-28-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

yes 70' with handle and three 5' sections you can subtract from that.EVO.COM has alot of ropes and handles as well as boardco.com and the-house.com and wakeside.com and buywake.com . that ought to keep you busy.
      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

I have the A-line with the prime handle and LOVE IT!! Handles seem to be a hard thing to pick tho. Do you have a store around you that sells the stuff? Hands on with the handles would be a good thing.

Comment

I had bought a rope this year that was 70' with 15' of takeoffs, thought it was takeoffs, but is add ons. Rope is 85' at total length. It seems that wakeboard ropes are add-on ans ski ropes are take-off.

I just cut the rope and tied off a loop knot @ 60' and shrink wrapped the ends. Just like factory

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Rod View Post
            I had bought a rope this year that was 70' with 15' of takeoffs, thought it was takeoffs, but is add ons. Rope is 85' at total length. It seems that wakeboard ropes are add-on ans ski ropes are take-off.

I just cut the rope and tied off a loop knot @ 60' and shrink wrapped the ends. Just like factory
            Hrm, I need to go look at one at a local shop then. I have an older rope I can cut and tie if that's the case.
            Waiting for another good one!

Comment

Working...
            X