Riding Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding Setup

Hey guys, i have a 2008 rz4 and i was wondering what kind of settings you like to wakeboard with. i like to use ballast, but my dad thinks it brings fuel economy down, so i usually just set taps to eight and go for it.

He's right;but boats are like gas,its only money.

Comment

Wakerebel, it all depends on the rider. I have pro ballast on my 10 RZ4 and I have filled it only 2 times this summer when full I set taps at 4 or 5 to clean up the top of the wake. I also depends on how many riders you have with you. hope this helps
      Last edited by gwhite94; 08-18-2010, 03:24 AM.

Comment

The way to adjust the taps is to trim it up until the wake falls over just behind the rider. There's no one setting because it depends on how the boat is weighted (including all the passengers).
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

We board for 4-5 hours every day we go out, sometimes more. We fill the ballast all the way (900 pounds) and then we use the Taps to clean it up so the sweet spot is perfect. In regards to the gas, it does go quicker with ballast full than with no ballast, but its not a HUGE difference. If you look at a Malibu or Mastercraft, they run the same size boats with up to double size gas tanks. That is so they can run a full day on the water! Tige is very fuel efficient compared to these other high level wake boats. More ballast= more gas used. But it is well worth it if you are looking for the big air for those advanced tricks IMO.

Comment

Yeah, just setting taps to 8 is not a good idea. If you see a curl at the top of the wake drop it down. In my boat TAPS is usually around 4 or 5, anything higher and it just curls over.
            "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
            "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

things that affect where you should run taps IMPO.
              1.amount and placement of balllast including people.
              2.speed at wich you are boarding
              3.rope lenght at wich you ride.
              4.rider preference...more ramp.....more peek
              5.age/size/exp. of rider..my boat stock ballast and peeps the wake is as big as my kid so I blow the ballast for her.-and run the taps on 2

Comment

i like to GO BIG OR GO HOME my wife doesn't. we don't have factory ballast in our 22ve. i do have 2100 lbs of ballast bags though. my compromise with my wife is to put only 540 in bow no taps for her taps on 8 for me 21mph at 70 ft thats my speed and length most of the time.if i add the 2 350lb sacs in the engine side compartments i can go really big and easily land in the flats at 85' and 23mph taps on 8 . then to take trips to the moon. yes buzz wasn't the only one to visit the moon!i add the 750 lb sac in the walkway as far forward as possible.then i put line at 85ft and go 24mph. it doesn't take long to get to the moon i have a strong edge good pop and a 140cm wing to get there on. the landings are a little rough on the knees though. oh yea with all the weight i set taps at 4 because it creates better trajectory for the height of the wake . my wife says when i stand next to the wake it's up to my butt. don't worry i'm only 5'6". well there you have it 3 ways to dial in your fun.happy boarding
                I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

thanks for the advice guys i went to lake mead for labor day weekend and i filled the ballast up full with about 5 ppl in the boat set taps around 4 or 5, and the wake was huge! it was much smoother though, and i seriously felt like i was floating my jumps were so high, didnt quite get the 360 landed but its all good. the real challenge was finding a good place to wakeboard with the winds over 30 mph and boats everywhere. but i cant complain, keep on riding everyone

Comment

Working...
                  X