Youth wakeboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth wakeboard

I have 10 year old daughter that wants to start wakeboarding. She 4'8'' 75lbs. Also have a 8 year old son 4'6'' 65lbs. Any suggestions on what board to start them on? Hoping to find a used or blem board, but need to know what to look for. Thanks in advance.

i have a liquid force diva think it's a 124 with small byerly bindings I'd make you a deal on.
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Do you have any pics. and how much? Looking for something cheap in case they do'nt like it.

Comment

I'm a subscriber to this thread. My daughter is 19 months and my son is due 17 Nov and I've been shopping and research for the past 2 years for snowboards first, then wakesurf/wakeboards. I was a snowboard instructor in college and my daughter will probably get out on kids training skis this winter, then snowboard next winter. She has also been in swimming lessons since she was 6 months, as soon as she is comfortable with me throwing her off the back of the swim platform into the water, I'll have her up on my wakesurf board, she already rides my skateboard at home.

I'm not going to push it on her like A$$ hole parents push their kids to do stuff they don't want to do. My mom pushed me to learn violin when i was 4-5 and I hated it, just 'cause she wanted me to do it. I just want to give her the opportunity to try it and try it early so it doesn't hurt so bad when she falls.

Back to the boards, here is the offering I just found on google:

2010 Hyperlite Kids Divine Wakeboard With Ivy Boots $299 from adrenaline watersports. its 109cm and should be good up to 95 pounds, then your kids can ride your wifes board until they are ready for their own.

2010 Liquid Force Nemesis With Kids Domain Boots $299 from adrenaline as well but I found this package on LOTS of websites. This board is 118 cm, a little bigger but it will last a little longer and it has neutral colors, not the girly colors of the kids divine.

As far as used boards, just get the shortest you can, the bindings will still have to be sized for the kids, unless you get them wetsuit booties to fill in the larger bindings.

BTW, as anyone noticed how the wakeside website is messed up lately?

Anyway, thats a huge post for 2 board recommendations, if anyone has any input on getting kids up on wakeboards please let us all know.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Originally posted by bgkchild View Post
          Do you have any pics. and how much? Looking for something cheap in case they do'nt like it.
          i'll try and get some tonight and post them up.

Price.... for sure a lot cheaper then 300 lol. Let me look on ebay and give you a better price then that.
          Originally posted by G-MONEY
          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

I have one of these to get rid of. My son started on this board at 6 and has ridden it since last year, he is now 13.

http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=54179

I also have some hyperlite xs split bindings to go with it.

$100 for the bindings and board.
            Last edited by rushin; 06-24-2010, 05:54 PM.
            I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
              if anyone has any input on getting kids up on wakeboards please let us all know.
              I pulled a little 2nd grade girl cousin of mine last weekend with my ski rope as short as it will go and an 12-13 mph on a 117 board. It was funny because being behind an RZ2 at that speed, the near surf wake the she was riding on top of/behind was huge! Thankfully, she couldn't see the wave from her angle and didn't get scared. I literaly breathed on the throttle and she just stood up. Once she got up, and quit leaning forward, she got the bug and it was impossible to get her back in the boat. It was a blast.

Comment

Rushin, What board is it? Have any pics. to show condition? That price is closer to what I am looking for.

Comment

Click on the link. It is the Hyperlite Motive 119. I would have to get pics. There is not a thing wrong with it, my son just grew out of it.
                  I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

What happens if you get a board to big? Can they just not turn it? Any one tried putting kids bindings on an adult board?

Comment

My daughter is 10 and weighs 75lbs and is riding a Liquid Force Diva 128, and manages it well.
                      She started riding it last season when she was 9, I put on larger boots this year
                      "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Bass Pro Shops online

Do a search for hyperlite @ bass pro shop. Just got my 5 and 7 year old a 119 w/ bindings for just under 200!!! Sweet deal...they run out of stock a lot, but fill it back up pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                        X