Advice??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice??

I am considering buying a new wakeboard. Right now I am riding with a CWB Faze 134. I am strongly considering a ronix board. Any suggestions??

I haven't road many boards but, I have one of the early Slingshot Response 142. I love it. I can only imagine that they have even gotten better over the years.

Comment

I would find a board shop that rents out boards to try and ride several before making a decision. The rental costs go towards the purchase of the board so you don't lose any money. You can also test out different bindings with this method.

Comment

What is your riding style i.e. hard charger, into the flats, smooth, floaty. And what level are you currently riding at?

I love Ronix boots, but don't like their boards.

Comment

I really don't have a definite style. But if I had to say I want to have a smooth and crisp style. By this I want to hold grabs longer, clean spins, and take jumps far into the flats. Right now I would consider myself a intermediate rider.

Comment

Originally posted by turbonine View Post
            I love Ronix boots, but don't like their boards.
            X2

I have a pair of Ronix boots and I have the Ibex, but I have been testing new boards and found the new Byerly line to be amazing. Already bought the new Conspiracy and kept my Ronix boots for it. But check out the board shops and they can help you find something you like.

Comment

Demo a board from a local shop and go from there. At this stage in your riding a board isnt necessarily gonna make or break you. Just make sure you get the right length.

Comment

Matt Garcia is spot on. There are certain attributes in a board that until you get experience, it is difficult to tell what you may or may not like. Look for a board that has a subtle 3 stage or a continuous rocker. Also how tall and heavy are you?

Comment

i would go ronix man... they are top of the line... but the new byerly line seems to be VERY good but their graphics don't float my boat... IBEX is a board that is FAST almost like a slalom kind of speed.... the ONE is a smooth crisp board that isn't as fast or have as much of pop as the IBEX... the byerly's are kind of inbetween i have been told

Comment

petrey10, someone sounds a bit biased

Comment

Originally posted by petrey10 View Post
                      i would go ronix man... they are top of the line... but the new byerly line seems to be VERY good but their graphics don't float my boat... IBEX is a board that is FAST almost like a slalom kind of speed.... the ONE is a smooth crisp board that isn't as fast or have as much of pop as the IBEX... the byerly's are kind of inbetween i have been told

I have both an 08 Ronix Ibex and a 2010 Byerly Conspiracy.
                      My best friend rides the Byerly Assault. They are all very good boards it simply comes down the preference and riding style. Demo them all and even some other styles and see what kind of riding style you feel more comfortable with. Ultimately you have to decide what fits you best.

But for boots i think the hands down best boot is made by ronix... I have my ronix boots on my Byerly board and love the combo!

Comment

Working...
                      X