Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LF Watson

Can anyone riddle me this?

I almost bought a '06 watson back in '06, I am looking into buying one again. The '09 specs are the same as they were in '06 however the weight range is different. And the board is just 0.30 cm's shoter and wider thaan the one I ride now which is rated for my weight.

How could the weight range change without the specs changing?
    I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Different foam being used and laments

The spin could have been made of wood???? and now it's fiberglass....

Comment

This could very well be it.

The '06 is Aercore aerated Polyurethane core

The '09 is Polyurethane foam core wrapped in glass.

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
        This could very well be it.

The '06 is Aercore aerated Polyurethane core

The '09 is Polyurethane foam core wrapped in glass.
        We've got an '08 Witness 140 "like new" that I could put you in right. PM me if interested.

Comment

Also have a '06 Watson 134 for sale - my son has some extra gear for sale.

Comment

Thanks , but a 134 is too small. I need a 138 in the '06.

Comment

Rushin...ive got a buddy who has the 06 Watson 138. He only rode it about a year then got a 142. He was trying to sell it last summer, I can check with him for you.

That 140 Witness Eddie has would be a great board too. I rode the Witness the past two seasons in a 144.
              WAKE ZONE

Comment

We've got an '08 Witness 140 "like new" that I could put you in right. PM me if interested
                Does the '08 Witness have the raised center spine like the Watson? That is what I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
                  Does the '08 Witness have the raised center spine like the Watson? That is what I am looking for.
                  It does have the raised center the full length of the board. Highrock can help too, but my son has ridden them all and feels it's a little faster than the Watson, but not as fast as the Lyman. It would be good if you could ride one, but if you are interested pm me and we can work something out.

The board belongs to our friend goboardgo, my son brought it home new for me to demo, but I don't ride enough to have my own board. It set in our basement all last season and I want to sell it for him.

Comment

Witness is the best board!

Comment

This is good to hear. I'm a newbie and I picked up a new witness ('08 or '09) and some CWB hinged bindings for $225. The pro there told me it would be a good all around board for me to get better on.

Comment

It is a great board to learn on because it is so consistent with its pop and because you have the option of the center fin. But it can be ridden by a very advanced rider. The first w2w 1080 was landed done riding the Witness.

Comment

Working...
                        X