Beginners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginners

I have a daughter that just can not get it. She can get up just fine, but then she can not stop from doing 180's. She will go back and forth 5 or six times, sometimes more. What do I do? I have told her to pin the handle to her front hip, it seems if she wobbles at all she'll throw the other foot forward to get her balance. I know 180's are cool but this is all she can do and yes after a few she usually ends up with a face plant. She has tried both feet forward and is comfortable getting up on either, it's just staying there? Help, she doesn't quit, but I don't want her to get frustrated to the point of not trying any more. Thanks in advance.
    My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

try instuctionals on wakeworld, also good to get a good instructional video for future progression

http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2002/GettingUp.asp

Comment

dvd's

I have Waketrix. she and I have watched that several times together. I have some pics of her up. I will try to post those tomorrow to see if anyone can see where she is going wrong. Is there a better instructional dvd?b
      My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

Maybe a board with larger tracking fins, also keeping almost all of her weight on her back leg may help, If still no luck get another rope and go out with her to help keep her straight until she gets the feel for it.

Good luck, Have fun!
        "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."

Comment

How fast are you towing at? If you dont have a lot of fin, and are towing at a slow speed, the board will act more like a snowboard than a wakeboard.

If you dont have different fins to put on, try bringing the speed up on the boat (nothing drastic, if you are currently doing 15, try 18)

I would recommend some 1.5 - 2" fins until you get some decent board control, then you can drop back down to a smaller fin for some fun.

Comment

Once she gets up, have her let go of the rope with one hand and use the other to hang on. The hand closest to the boat should stay on the handle. This should let her upper body turn more perpindicular to the boat and make it a lot more challenging to swing the board around or do a 180.

Comment

other good wake board vids/dvd includes the Detention series...

Comment

Working...
              X