Nothing Like Good Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing Like Good Competition

My son's buddy posted a YouTube clip of the two of them competing to see who could pull off the backroll first. Some good stuff!!

I don't know how to post it in here fancy, so...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_bmgb7o5PY

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="385">

Don't know why there are two of them, take your pick.

Comment

That was awesome
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That is awesome footage and a very cool compilation of the attempts. OK, rookie here. So why does that look like a front flip?

Comment

Both of them definitely start out like we use to do a gainer off the diving board, so it's not a front flip...but I will have to get my "Detention" DVD out to figure out what to call what they are really doing. No matter, it was awesome watching them go at it!!!

Comment

How fast were you towing them? Great video. It reminds me of home. I am from Charleston, but stuck in Oklahoma due to being military. I sure miss the water there. Me and the family miss it so much we have talked about towing the boat home next summer just to experience the water again. I am jealous. How's your boat holding up from the salt water?

Comment

wow he sure knows how to take a beating.

Comment

Eaglites, I had the SpeedSet at 22.4...one of the jumps with bigger air I happened to notice it read 23 at the moment my son hit the wake. This is my third summer in the salt, and it is holding up good. I had the closed cooling system put on it before I bought it. There are some corrosion issues (bezels around gauges) and some light rust on motor mounts, but all in all she is doing great! Let me know if you come to Chas, we'll hook up!

Yes, both boys were rather sore yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Fit to be Tige View Post
                  OK, rookie here. So why does that look like a front flip?
                  Technically considered a mexican back roll.

Standard back roll is when the riders chest is facing the boat the entire time and typically both hands stay on the handle. Kinda looks like a reverse cart-wheel with the handle as the pivot point. Standard backroll people can usually go to revert(malt-o-meal or roll to revert) very easily because of both hands being on the handle. The mexican method is used by dboule back roll attempts(i.e. Watkins).

Comment

Sweet video. I bet they felt like they got hit by a truck the next day.

Comment

ok, he has dropped the challenge to post the most wipeouts in one day, I'll have to see what we can come up with, I am a glutton for punishment, so roll the tape.....

Comment

Working...
                      X