Help with wakeboard bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with wakeboard bindings

Ok, warning: Total wakeboard newbie here, I usually ski.

However, last year I bought a decent board, and this year when we went to try it, the bindings were just too darn small, even though we ordered the correct size. With some soap, I can get them on, but my son really can't and they hurt like hell!

Can you easily replace bindings, and are they "standard mounts" so I don't have to get the same brand?

I am looking for something inexpensive, we are just fooling around with this. The good news is that we both got up and like it, but when I fall, the board does not come off, like skis usually do. Should they pop off on a hard fall?

thanks for any help!!

Paul

yes most bindings will fit on most boards.. i would suggest something that is a team style binding, you dont need a pro-model binding for just learning/goofing around
    -yes the bindings should come off on a hard fall, but.. what constitues as a hard fall? with a certain amount of force they should come off but it might just be more force than your used to having to put on them when compaired to your skis

as far as not fitting goes, soap=no it degrades the neoprene in the binding and is bad for the lake.. i would go with some boot butter, its biodegradeable and for the fitting, after a bit the bindings are going to stretch out a bit but not much so you and your son might end up needing to get another board and bindings or just swapping out bindings between the two of you
    Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

Thanks. We are only about 1 half size apart, so we should be able to find bindings that fit. We share the same slalom ski.

I will look for the other lubricant.

Comment

The CWB Torq's are great and you won't need any Boot Butter to get into them. The will fit a wide range of sizes and probably your best bet. The CWB Mobe's are their bottom of the line up and definitely will work but IMO, the Torq's would be a better fit for your applications.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
          The CWB Torq's are great and you won't need any Boot Butter to get into them. The will fit a wide range of sizes and probably your best bet. The CWB Mobe's are their bottom of the line up and definitely will work but IMO, the Torq's would be a better fit for your applications.
          I second the CWB Torqs (or any CWB binding). The clamshell mechanism is great for getting in and out. And the size range is great. One guy that rides with us squeezes his feet in one size above rating. The open toes and laces expand alot.

Someone on here is a CWB dealer. SBFan?

Comment

Appreciate the recommendation on the bindings. Hopefully they are not 500 bucks!! I'll look around, but if there is someone here be glad to use them.

Comment

hahaha, $500... Half of that amount. Now the top of the line bindings from CWB are a little less but you aren't asking to purchase those.

Comment

Boardstop and Evogear both have them for $199.

The CWB Faction are nice too, just a little higher and stiffer. One of my fav shops, Performance Ski & Surf (Orlando) has an XL for $149 (if the size is right for you).

Comment

do yourself a HUGE favor and get any boot from cwb with the hinge.I have the faction.Paid $200 new for them.Look for new old stock of 07 or 08 model and save yourself some money.They solved all my boot problems wich i had many and i cant say enough good things about them.If you dont get the hinge you are missing out.Trust me you will love them!

Thats a great deal on a great boot form performance.If I were you i would jump all over that if you need an XL.
                  Last edited by kko; 07-28-2009, 12:47 AM.

Comment

The only problem I see with the higher end boots from CWB is that they sizes are smaller range. For example, a Torq L/XL goes from 7 to 17 while a Faction L size 11 and 12 only.

Comment

Working...
                    X