Bigger AIR!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger AIR!!!!!

I am wondering how to get more air? I can jump wake to wake when the boat goes 22mph but I don't go that high. But when I go 18mph I just go high. Is it too much to ask for both.. But how??????

Did you get your boat from Guen and Barney?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I would say..... Try 20MPH.

Comment

Here you go!
        http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2258

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Did you get your boat from Guen and Barney?
          I sure did.

Comment

Do you have any video? It might be easier for us to help you with your technique.
            If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

When you are going faster the wake hits you faster and harder. This causes people to ease up their PROGRESSIVE cut and it also causes them to absorb the wake with there knees.

1) Make sure you are still making a progressive cut. This doesn't mean go faster, just means that your line tension is greatest when you hit the wake.

2) Make sure your legs and back are ready to take that hit.

3) Fly

Comment

My biggest problem is not maintaining the line tension consistently, I always tense up and chicken out right at that crucial second. When you hit the wake properly, you KNOW you've done it properly...now if I could just do that every time I would be all set.

Nick Weinacker kept having me look at the boat instead of the wake and that seemed to work because I wasn't worried about when I was going to hit it and then BAM big air!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                  Nick Weinacker kept having me look at the boat instead of the wake and that seemed to work because I wasn't worried about when I was going to hit it and then BAM big air!
                  I may need to try that. I have a big problems with where I look. I tend to look down at the wake, which creates big problems some times.

Shaun Murray says "Look where you want to go, not where you think you are going to crash."

Well I took a 360 to nose plant on Sunday because I was looking down at the wake when spotting my landing. Suffering some sore left side of body this week.

Anyways, here is a photo of stock ballast at 23.5 MPH. Not a huge wake but very firm at that speed. I wasn't cutting hard in any sense, just had good line tension and didn't absorb any of the wake with my body.

IMG_1565 (Small).JPG

Comment

I like Shaun Murray's advice Great Photo!!!!

I don't think Nick was implying that I should be doing that every time but rather letting me get the feel for how much more pop you get when you are doing it right. I'm having an awful year wakeboarding, I was riding out at 70' and 22.4 mph at the end of last year and now I am having trouble at 60' and 21mph - I lost everything over the winter. This weekend I think I will go back to basics yet again because I feel like a n00b.

Comment

The latest Wakeboarding Magazine has Shaun Murray illustrating how to properly hit the wake. He explains it very well and it really does work.

Comment

Working...
                      X