Just scored some boards for the kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just scored some boards for the kids

Went to get a wake board for the kids to share. My 7 year old daughter wants to learn and so does my 4 year old son. I was going to buy one board and ended up with 2 for less than the price of one 2009. I got a 207 LF Star 111 and 2007 HL Divine 119 for $200 both with bindings.

Now that I have them anyone have some good tips to share on getting the little ones up with out scaring them out of it?
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Sounds like a steal! Was this online, or at a store? My 8 yr old is bugging me to learn WB'ing and surfing.
    The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

biggest thing for the little guys is make it fun, if it isnt fun they arent going to want to have anything to do with it and it makes being on the boat really difficult.. so with that said, start off really slow it doesnt take a whole lot to pop the little guys out of the water and go from there.. you dont need to pull them at 22 id say to start off i would shoot for 18 and work with it, and remember smiles go for miles
      Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

My son is 9 and 75lbs. I set the speed at 15 and he is doing great. Starting to jump from both sides after 3 weeks.

Comment

I run my 8yr old daughter also at 15. We started with someone in the water with her just help rope and how get up the first couple time. It only took about two times and she was up. I also would troll with her a bit so she could get a feel of the pull. Just remember it takes nothing to get her out of the water. I mean I can get her out of the water with very little power.
          15 Escalade ESV-Black
          08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by AdaminMN View Post
            Sounds like a steal! Was this online, or at a store? My 8 yr old is bugging me to learn WB'ing and surfing.
            It was a sport chalet near my house.
            Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Support your local wakeboard shop!
              www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

For you little one you could try riding with him first like the pictures below.

That way he is used to the feel and knows what to expect. After he is used to that and is ready he could try it on his own.

Here is a picture of my buddy just getting out of the water with his 3yr old in tow.

Here is one with my 3 yr old.

One warning though, it will tire you out quickly and the kids wont want to stop riding.

Comment

Get the DVD Detention 2012. It has alot of helpful tricks for beginners to get started.
                  If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

For my 7yo, we start out pulling him at 12 and as he goes he motions to go faster. I bump him up .5mph at a time until he motions for more speed.

The trick I found to getting my little ones up, very slow progression on the throttle. But I am no expert, just a Dad!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffe View Post
                      Support your local wakeboard shop!
                      There isn't one close they have all shut down. some due to poor customer service and other due to the economy.
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                      X