Wakeboarding Spins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeboarding Spins

I was wondering, when attempting wakeboarding spins should you remove the fins on your board?
    Thanks

for me it made it worse i like riding with my fins... only bad think with fins it's easier to catch a wrong edge but i think its a personal opinion thing

Comment

without fins when you go to land your going to slide out easier.. on the other hand if you come up short not having fins can somethimes allow you continue the spin even after landing and make it a little easier and more forgiving
      Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

I would recommend without fins. This will make you leave the wake in a better position helping you stay on axis. Without fins you will ahve to use good edging techniques. I can land a spin in any position and board slide out of it, most of the time.

Comment

But I notice when I ride without fins the board gets really loose, therefore when I cut hard to jump I always fall.

Comment

you shouldnt even really be spinning off the wake. you want to wate until you are in the air and use the pull of the rope to spin. fins shouldnt matter off the wake. landing is totally up to you. i find that i land better with mine on cuz i dont keep sliding. but it's just personal preferance

Comment

Originally posted by kerlee View Post
              But I notice when I ride without fins the board gets really loose, therefore when I cut hard to jump I always fall.

Not trying to insult you, but that is because your cut is wrong. Like I said previously, having too much fin teaches you poor technique on a your cut. Work on your progressive cut. You will know when you have it down when you have a floaty feeling accross the wake rather than shooting across feeling. Also once learned correctly you can get accross with hardly any cut. I can get across at 80 feet without even going outside the bow spray.

Of course all ^^^this^^^ is worthless if you don't have molded fins? If not you may need some fin. I rode a LF Omega that had a center fin. I sized it down to a .8".

What board do you have?

Originally posted by laketime View Post
              you shouldnt even really be spinning off the wake. you want to wate until you are in the air and use the pull of the rope to spin. fins shouldnt matter off the wake. landing is totally up to you. i find that i land better with mine on cuz i dont keep sliding. but it's just personal preferance
              Also, when spinning, you will almost always land the way you left the wake. This is why its important to POP, PULL, PASS, in that exact order. I always have in my mind what spin I will do before hadn but won't execute till I am in the air. And honestly I abort about 40% because I didn't get a good pop.

Comment

I don't fall when i come in it is when i am cutting had toe-side. I have a CWB 2008 Faze.

Comment

Originally posted by kerlee View Post
                  I don't fall when i come in it is when i am cutting had toe-side. I have a CWB 2008 Faze.
                  I would probably be finless on that board.

Toe-side is difficult. Try and work on good body position when hitting the wake and make sure you have the handle close to your body.

Comment

Working...
                  X