A structured workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A structured workout

Any of you slalom junkies want to talk about how you structure your sets? A question from another forum caused me to take a long hard look at how I train and make a few changes.

For starters, I have never subscribed to the "6 passes and out" training philosophy. I don't think thats enough to really progress unless you have iron-clad muscle memory or the good fortune of being a slalom skier from childhood.

How do you train and why?

I usually do about 6 passes, depending on how far i get on each. Say I make 2 buoys, and im still up I will signal for a spin and keep going.

Usually 3 sets a day, so a total of 18 passes just for slalom.

I found that by the 6th pass im not really tired that I cant go on, but sometime I will get pulled onto the front of the ski and that usually tells me Im tired. Also im being coached the whole time, so im thinking about doing different things as Im skiing and by the 6th pass your head is spinning and you just need a break.

I start at 30mph and struggle to get to 34mph. By the 3rd set I breeze by 30, and 32 and do pretty well on 34 and then thats about my day.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Working...
    X