wake to wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wake to wake

I thought you were only supposed to do this on a wakeboard. That bump at 22' off was more than I expected.
    Attached Files

! What speed were you at??? @ 22 off you are going to get a bump regardless, but that seems a bit extreme.

You stay on your ski?

Comment

Been there...... Didnt end pleasantly...
      Common Sense is not so Common
      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
        ! What speed were you at??? @ 22 off you are going to get a bump regardless, but that seems a bit extreme.

You stay on your ski?
        32mph, and yes I stayed on. I'm going to grab it Indy next time. This one was scarier, though.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you may have chickened out and flattened the ski as you hit the wake. Fortunately your balance looks ok. It was drilled into me that you always maintain your edge with the handle pulled all the way in till you're across the wake, then flatten the ski to slow down into the next turn. If that's one of the really wide-nosed skis, this would seem extra critical.

At 32 MPH with a full length rope I cleared the wake on my 20V recently, but it was due more to speed across the wake than to altitude. As the boat speed rises the wake flattens pretty well for a V-drive wakeboard focused boat. Its fine for this old recreational skier who does more driving than skiing.

Comment

Yup, you're right it's one of my buddy's wide skis that he talked me into trying. It's been 10-12 yrs since I've put on a slalom ski, and it was alot of fun. I have an old Connelly S2 in the garage that I'm going to break out (if the boots aren't rotted). I think I'm hooked again!

Comment

We used to try and jump like that on slalom until the slalom bent up and landed on my face on landing.
              The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                We used to try and jump like that on slalom until the slalom bent up and landed on my face on landing.
                I got tired of the faceplants so I don't do that anymore either. I don't recover like I used to.

Comment

I think the fix for that is to change the "V" to an "i"

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 275 View Post
                    I thought you were only supposed to do this on a wakeboard. That bump at 22' off was more than I expected.

"Houston we have a problem..."
                    Attached Files

Comment

Weeeeeee,
                      NC//OKC\\

Comment

That is crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Costigan View Post
                          That is crazy!
                          X2
                          15 Escalade ESV-Black
                          08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Nutz!

Comment

Dang, ya'll get more air on the plank then I get on a wakeboard
                              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                              X