Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vdrive slalom

has anyone tried slalom behind the Z1?
    with taps fully down, does it have a small wake??

I haven't yet, but we're planning to soon. Western Ohio Watersports has a beautiful red/white Z1 that I'm hoping to get out on soon. I've skied behind the 20V several times and it's very skiable. I wouldn't ever put the plate all the way down, but it's definitely skiable between 2.5 and 3.5. The factory rep that came up for our show said that the Z1 has more rocker in it than the 20V but it's also wider so who knows.

I'll let you know.

Comment

thanks mate,

look foward to hearing how it goes, i have a z1 on order and we have both skiers and boarders in the family so were all hoping its a good cross over boat!

Comment

I really like the wake behind my Switch V (20V), but I am also coming from an I/O, not a direct drive.

Comment

Wake still pretty big honestly...
          I may bust the skis out next outing and try to get some pics for ya...
          Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

thanks mate,

that would be awsome, there are so few of them in australia at the moment its hard to get an idea of what there like. hoping it can produce an alright social skiing wake, tho.

Comment

I am no tournament skier, in fact I have only made it through the course a handful of times on a full length line. I do enjoy free skiing on the lake. I just skied behind my new Z1 for the first time on Thursday. Wake was bigger than my old 17' outboard runabout, but certainly was ski-able. I found the wake much harder than my old boat - you can't seem to cut through it as easily. I'll try and get a few pictures sometime for you. Seems to be a very good cross over boat.

Comment

Working...
              X