Portable slalom course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable slalom course

Some friends and I would like to purchase a portable slalom course for occasional use. Anybody had any experience with these? What brand is easier to use and the best value? We will use it in a river and I understand we will need river anchors. Would also like to be able to use the inner and outer balls.
    Slalom skiing makes up 90% of our water activities while footin and boarding fills in the rest of the time. Several of the skiers I know have never had access to a cousre and I think they would love trying it.

We have a engineer in our ski club custom designed our portable. There are always a couple that show up on eBay form time to time, they all work on the same principles.

Insta-Slalom is the best known. you can call them at 1-800-723-4453 and they will send you a video. The web site is www.insta-slalom.com

We had the put in and take down to 30 minutes each with the trainer bouys, insta-slalom claims to have it down to 12 minutes for set up.

Not sure on the river set up, we use ours on a lake and only when our permanent course is in rough waters.

Comment

The best course

Originally posted by tklopfenstein View Post
      Some friends and I would like to purchase a portable slalom course for occasional use. Anybody had any experience with these? What brand is easier to use and the best value? We will use it in a river and I understand we will need river anchors. Would also like to be able to use the inner and outer balls.
      Slalom skiing makes up 90% of our water activities while footin and boarding fills in the rest of the time. Several of the skiers I know have never had access to a cousre and I think they would love trying it.
      The best built course out there is from eZ-Slalom. I can put you in touch with Ed Obermeier if you want. He owns the company and I trade e-mails with him regularly.
      Bill

Comment

They are all pretty similar in the way they are built. I dont think you will be unhappy with either EZ-slalom or insta.

I have actually been watching for a cheap one to come along.
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Working...
        X